|Created by||Michael Erlewine|
|Alexa rank||50,071 (April 2018[update])|
AllMovie (previously All Movie Guide) is an online guide service website with information about films, television programs, and screen actors. As of 2013[update], AllMovie.com and the AllMovie consumer brand are owned by RhythmOne.
AllMovie was founded by popular-culture archivist Michael Erlewine, who also founded AllMusic and AllGame.
The AllMovie database was licensed to tens of thousands of distributors and retailers for point-of-sale systems, websites and kiosks. The AllMovie database is comprehensive, including basic product information, cast and production credits, plot synopsis, professional reviews, biographies, relational links and more.
AllMovie data was accessed on the web at the AllMovie.com website. It was also available via the AMG LASSO media recognition service, which can automatically recognize DVDs.
In late 2007, Macrovision (now Rovi Corporation) acquired AMG for a reported $72 million.
The AMG consumer facing web properties AllMusic.com, AllMovie.com and AllGame.com were sold by Rovi in August 2013 to All Media Network, LLC. The buyers also include the original founders of SideReel and Ackrell Capital investor Mike Ackrell.
RhythmOne offices are located in San Francisco, California, and Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States.
- "Alexa Ranking". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "AllMovie – Movies and Films Database". All Media Network. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
©2014 AllMovie, a division of All Media Network, LLC
- Haddad, Michael (2005). The screenwriter's sourcebook: a comprehensive marketing guide for screen and television writers. Chicago, Ill: Chicago Review Press. p. 333. ISBN 1-55652-550-8. Search this book on
- "BLINKX ACQUIRES ALL MEDIA NETWORK, LLC - Newsroom - RhythmOne". investor.rhythmone.com. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- "Macrovision Corporation, acquired All Media Guide Holdings, Inc". Mandasoft. December 17, 2007. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "Digital Entertainment Veterans Launch 'All Media Network' to Perfect Digital Media Discovery". BusinessWire. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.