Richard Demir M.D. is a gynecologic surgeon and Medical Director at Desert Women's Care. He was former of Chief of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Tempe. Luke's and Phoenix St.Luke's (2007 - 2011) and Arizona Regional Medical Center in Mesa, Arizona (2011 - 2013). He set a world record in the field of minimally invasive surgery and laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Demir has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications from 1984, through 2016. Demir published his work in laparoscopic hysterectomy and vaginal surgery. In 2007 Demir broke the Guinness World Record for the largest uterus ever removed, without resorting to laparotomy. He achieved this by performing a hysterectomy laparoscopically on a patient with a 3200 gram fibroid uterus.
Demir established the Demir Foundation for Women and Children in 1996.
In 2012, Hasan Merchant, who purchased a medical practice called "Women's Doc" in Barrington, Illinois from Demir in 2005, filed a $4.3 million lawsuit against Demir. Merchant alleged that Demir did not disclose the numerous malpractice claims against him and the practice at the time of the sale. Merchant was immediately counter-sued by Demir and has since withdrawn the lawsuit and agreed to an out-of-court settlement with Demir. Demir has never lost or settled a malpractice lawsuit according to records in Illinois and Arizona.
- Noronah P, Demir RH: Differentiating the acute scrotum. Hosp Prac, 19:216-222, 1984.
- Demir RH, Marchand GJ: Adnexal masses suspected to be benign treated with laparoscopy. JSLS 16:71-84. 2012
- Demir R, Marchand G: Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy and Vagino-Cervico-Sacropexy. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, September, 2011, Los Angeles.
- Demir R, Marchand G: Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy and Vaginal Morcellation. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, September, 2011, Los Angeles.
- Demir R, MarchandG: Outcome of 783 Consecutive Hysterectomies for Benign Indication—Likelihood of Completing a Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy Based on Patient’s Body Mass Index. American College of Surgeons, October, 2011, San Francisco.
- Demir R, Marchand G: Irrelevance of Traditional De-Selectors for Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy. Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, October, 2012, Boston.
- Demir RH, Marchand GJ: Safe laparoscopic removal of a 3200 grams fibroid uterus. JSLS 14:600-602, 2010.
- Boniello, Kathianne (2008-12-07). "New York Post Coverage of Richard Demir Breaking Guinness World Record".
- "NBC Coverage of Richard Demir Breaking Guinness World Record".
- "Chicago Sun Times News Article Reporting on Richard Demir MD's world record". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Bushey, Claire (8 November 2012). "Sale of obstetrics practice spawns lawsuits". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
This article "Richard Demir" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Richard Demir. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.