Richard La Ruina
|Richard La Ruina|
|Edit this InfoBox|
London, England7 July 1980
|Other names||Gambler, Richard Gambler|
|Known for||Pickup artist, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, author|
La Ruina is of Italian descent and was born in London, though his family later moved to Cambridge, where he describes his childhood as being academically and socially problematic. At school, La Ruina was bullied and changed schools because of it, but the problem continued. He describes himself as having developed a talent for the stock market at age 18, where he used his life savings successfully to earn himself a comfortable sum of money. He claims that it was here that he acquired the nickname "Gambler."
By his own admission, La Ruina was unsuccessful with women throughout his early life, by age 21 he had never kissed a woman. Fueled by desperation and the fear of being alone for the rest of his life, La Ruina visited London's bars and clubs to meet women. It was at this time where he met other pick-up artists. La Ruina viewed pick-up artists such as Erik von Markovik, known as Mystery, as great role models but they only provided him with an attitude and not a complete structure for meeting women. This set La Ruina on the path of producing his own method of seducing women.
In 2007 La Ruina set up his own company, PUA Training and trainers were used from his company on a Channel 4 documentary, First Cut: The Rules of Seduction which documented the training of men in seducing women. The show was aired in the UK on 7 December 2007 and viewed by 2.5 million viewers.
La Ruina has been called "Britain's No 1 superstar chat-up artist" by The Times newspaper. He writes for several publications, providing tips for women in Cosmopolitan and seduction tips in the men's lifestyle magazine FHM. La Ruina released his book titled The Natural Art of Seduction: Secrets of Success with women.
La Ruina emphasises the importance of not using scripted lines or routines to attract women. He aims for a more natural approach, arguing that men must become their best selves to maintain attraction after the routines, he believes there is a structure to attraction, but that rigid procedural approaches to attraction should be avoided.
Training and products
His company teaches weekend bootcamps in the UK, Italy, Brazil and United States. The company has also released DVD and digital download products. His products incorporate some of his developments in the pick up artist field including The Three Characters of a Seduction, Stealth Attraction, and the Lifestyle Seduction model.
Good Morning Britain appearance
On 22 November 2017, La Ruina appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain breakfast television programme. He commented about British women: "They don’t look very good, they don’t look after themselves. They’re famous for moaning and complaining all the time. They just ask a lot and give very little in return". He suggested that British men should endeavour to form relationships with Eastern European women instead. Programme host Piers Morgan responded to La Ruina: "You’re a dick aren’t you? I mean your name is Richard so you are literally a dick".
On 7 March 2018, La Ruina released a seduction-themed video game called Super Seducer on Steam, which has been described as controversial, creepy and sexist. The game, Super Seducer, was concocted by La Ruina in an effort at helping awkward men succeed at courting women. However, some feminist groups viewed the manner of teaching men to overcome inceldom (involuntary celibacy) as toxic, and Sony subsequently obliged in refusing to release the game on the PlayStation Store. Super Seducer 2 : Advanced Seduction Tactics was released as a sequel to the game, on 27 September 2018. It took the first game and improved upon by 'embracing' the strange nature, becoming an 'over the top comedy game.' 
- The Natural Art of Seduction: Secrets of Success With Women (2007) ISBN 978-1-906015-13-8
- The Natural: How to Effortlessly Attract the Women You Want (2012) ISBN 978-0-06-208978-6
- on YouTube
- "La Ruina interview on Attraction Chronicles". Attraction-chronicles.blogspot.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- Sarah O'Meara: "From teenage geek to Casanova", CEN News, 14 November 2007
- "Master Casanova", GMTV, 27 November 2007
- Gambler's History
- Retna Wooller: "Lessons in love at the cupid clinic", thelondonpaper, 4 July 2007
- "Bad chat-ups get the red card", Metro (UK), 29 July 2007
- "The Rules of Seduction" (Press release). PR Web Press Release Newswire. 3 December 2007.
- "First Cut: The Rules of Seduction" Archived 5 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Resistible Rise of Britain's no 1 chat up artist" 10 July 2008
- "Playboy van het jaar: Richard La Ruina, van übernerd tot grootste verleider van Europa – Humo: The Wild Site". Humo.be. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "A good sex etiquette put on a condom" 30 July 2008
- "How to get any woman you want". FHM. 25 August 2009. Archived from the original on 30 June 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Literary Life", Literary Life, The Telegraph, 5 December 2007, 2007
- "Books, Courses and Coaching by Richard La Ruina (Gambler)". Retrieved 13 November 2013
- Simone Baird: "Learn how to seduce", Time Out
- "Pick Up Schmuck", The Scotsman
- " The Natural Art of Seduction", Cliffs List
- Powell, Emma (22 November 2017). "'You're a d***': Piers Morgan praised for calling out 'repulsive' dating guru Richard La Ruina who slated 'unintelligent' British women". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 22 November 2017.The word "dick" is censored in the source.
- "PlayStation Will Not Sell 'Super Seducer' Game About Picking Up Women". IGN. 7 March 2018. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
This article "Richard La Ruina" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Richard La Ruina. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.