Type of site
|Travel, Quantified Self, Recommender System, API|
New York City,
|Launched||November 22, 2018|
RoadGoat is a location technology platform with two primary products - a travel planning app for consumers and Cities API for software developers. RoadGoat was founded by Kurosh Hashemi on November 17, 2018 in New York City with the launch of its consumer app. Cities API was released to the public in 2021.
In Spring 2020, RoadGoat joined the SAP.iO accelerator, working closely with SAP Concur. RoadGoat is integrated into SAP Concur’s App Center and is an official partner of SAP Concur. In 2021, RoadGoat joined the LAUNCH accelerator, the University of California’s startup accelerator.
RoadGoat's consumer app is referred to as a "Yelp of travel destinations”. Users on RoadGoat contribute check-ins, ratings, and insights about 4.3 million cities, towns, regions, states, and countries. They also build interactive travel maps of everywhere they’ve been - of which users can sync in travels through a number of integrations, such as via Facebook. The travel history features position RoadGoat with the Quantified Self movement.
RoadGoat augments user data about locations with data-driven insights such as Covid statistics, safety ratings, when to go, budgetary ratings, and more. RoadGoat also uses artificial intelligence to recommend travel destinations for where they should travel next.
RoadGoat offers integrations to import a user’s travels to their RoadGoat travel map. Integrations exist with Facebook checkins, Fitbit activity, Google Maps location history, Foursquare checkins, TripIt trips, and Concur trips.
Cities API covers content for more than 4.3 million destinations across the world. The data is accessible via an API and exposes much of the same content found on RoadGoat’s own site. Content includes hand-picked high quality photos, known-for tags (such as foodie or LGBT-friendly), editorial descriptions, Covid stats, safety ratings, budgetary ratings, and more. It also provides stats from RoadGoat’s user community, such as average rating, and number of check-ins. The Cities API offers free and paid tiers.
- "How It All Started". RoadGoat Blog.
- "RoadGoat Launches Cities API to Give Apps Access to Pivotal Location Content". RoadGoat Blog.
- "SAP.iO Foundry San Francisco Launches Accelerator Program Focused on Travel and Expense Management". SAP.iO.
- "RoadGoat - SAP Concur App Center". SAP Concur.
- "RoadGoat Announces Integration with Concur Travel and TripIt from Concur". RoadGoat Blog.
- "Launch Portfolio". UC LAUNCH.
- "Becoming a RoadGoat with Kurosh Hashemi". Croissant.
- "Travel platform RoadGoat launches Cities API to contextualize regions, localities". Geoawesomeness.
- "Travel the world with RoadGoat". Mapbox.
- "Awesome Quantified Self". Github.
- "SAP Startup Spotlight: RoadGoat". E3 Magazine.
- "Startup Spotlight: RoadGoat maps your travels through your social media activity". Travel Massive. Travel Massive.
- "RoadGoat - Sync webpage". RoadGoat.
This article "RoadGoat" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:RoadGoat. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.