Rob Sherrell is an American comedian who is best known for being the first college student in the United States to major in stand-up comedy. Sherrell's story has been covered by the Indianapolis Star, USA Today and caught the attention of actor Kevin Hart.
Sherrell was born in Indianapolis, IN. After serving as class president, he graduated from Arsenal Technical High School in 2012.
Following high school, he enrolled at Indiana University to study law and political science with hopes to one day go to law school.
While attending Indiana University, Sherrell changed his major from pre-law to stand-up comedy through the school's Individualized Major Program (IMP). This program has produced graduates such as New York Times puzzle editor Will Shortz and MythBusters host Jamie Hyneman. Being the first person in the United States to major in stand-up comedy, Sherrell received significant media attention. 
In 2014, Sherrell started a social media campaign to meet Kevin Hart when he performed at the Indiana University Auditorium. Sherrell tweeted the hashtag #RobMeetsKev for 37 days to get Hart's attention and successfully arrange a backstage chat.
In 2015, Sherrell voiced the introductory skit "Keloids" with rapper Dorian on the album Every Scar Has A Story. Later that year he also started a podcast called Empty Bottle Chronicles. This podcast consisted of round table discussion on topics while intoxicated. After a feature in USA Today, he and his co-hosts Charles Kennedy, Brandon Whatley, Stefon Wallace, and Marcellis Byers were contacted by MTV for collaboration.
In 2017, Sherrell was the first student keynote speaker in the history of Indiana University's baccalaureate ceremony. Later that year, Sherrell wrote his own original short entitled Headphones.
Through the Mae Fah Luang Foundation, Sherrell has studied documentary filmmaking in Thailand.
Sherrell also was the winner of the 2017 AT&T Los Angeles Create-A-Thon for Best Mobile Phone Film. He currently resides in Los Angeles, CA on the BLU Educational Foundation's Urban Filmmaker Fellowship program.
- Hurt, Taylor (2014-12-10). "Voices: Studying stand-up to stand out". USA Today. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Pence, Nicole (2015-03-30). "IU Student is first to major in stand up comedy". Fox59.com. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Lindquist, David (2015-06-23). "Laureate of laughs: IU student is first stand-up major". The Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Reschke, Michael (2017-02-27). "IU Student Rob Sherrell sees comedy as a way to break down walls". Bloomington Herald-Times. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Seman, Mark (2015-03-31). "IU Student Rob Sherrell is first to major in stand up comedy". The Laugh Button. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Musixmatch - Rob Sherrell". Musixmatch. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Every Scar Has A Story - Dorian". Spotify. 2015-10-28. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Associated Press (2017-05-04). "IU's Baccalaureate to Include Student Speaker for 1st Time". US News. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Headphones". IMDB. 2017-02-02. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "About - RobJustJokin". Robjustjokin.com. 2016-02-01. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
This article "Rob Sherrell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.