Rodney Britz Glassman
May 7, 1978
Fresno, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Arizona (BS, JD, PhD)|
Early life, education and career
Glassman was born and raised in Fresno, California. For high school, he went to Lake Forest Academy, a prep school in Illinois, and graduated in 1996. He moved to Arizona in 1997 to manage his family's struggling Ice Rink business. He pursued undergraduate and advanced degrees at the University of Arizona. Glassman received a J.D. and Ph.D. (in Arid Land Resource Sciences) from the University of Arizona. In 2007, he ran for City Council of Tucson and won with more than 60% of the vote.
Glassman established the Glassman Foundation. The Glassman Foundation has teamed with several Southern Arizona groups concerning children to launch events such as the annual An Evening of Love Songs, and the Glassman Foundation Youth Expo.
For three years, Glassman served on the Arizona Farm Bureau. He also served on the Board of Directors for the Pima Council on Aging, Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, and the Arizona 4-H Youth Foundation. Mr. Glassman currently serves as the Vice President of Board Development for the Grand Canyon Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and he is also a Board Member for the Arizona Chapter of the Jewish National Fund.
Glassman currently works for Beus Gilbert as an attorney. Glassman's practice is focused on driving relevancy, enhancing credibility, and developing substantive relationships for government, corporate, and non-profit clients. Glassman's clients have included high profile individuals and organizations including Dr. Michael Crow, President of Arizona State University; Mobile Mini Inc.; Phoenix International Raceway (NASCAR); Brewer Companies, Arizona’s largest new-construction plumbing company; Phil Francis, former CEO of PetSmart; John Whiteman, founder of Empire Southwest and the Whiteman Foundation; Central Arizonans for a Sustainable Economy (CASE), which represents over 20,000 working families across Arizona; and the Arizona Society of Cosmetic Surgeons.
Tucson City Council
Glassman served on the City Council of the City of Tucson, Arizona, from 2007 to 2010.
During his time on the Tucson City Council, Glassman championed free-market environmental legislation. Glassman worked to tackle Tucson’s water shortage by championing the nation’s first rainwater ordinance, which now requires commercial development to harvest and re-use rainwater. He also was involved in the council unanimously stating that new Tucson homes were required to graywater plumbing systems to reuse water for landscaping.
Glassman worked at reducing the bureaucracy necessary for Solar Generating Plants to be established in Tucson, and supported efforts to have electricity turned back on in foreclosed homes to aid the sale of Tucson’s housing stock.
2010 U.S. Senate campaign
In April 2010, Glassman entered the race for United States Senate as a member of the Democratic Party. Due to Arizona's "resign-to-run" law, Glassman was required to resign from his position on the Tucson City Council prior to announcing his run for Senate.
Acting Town Manager of Cave Creek
In 2013, Glassman was appointed as the Acting Town Manager of Cave Creek, one of Arizona’s most conservative communities. As Acting Town Manager, Glassman oversaw operation of the Town of Cave Creek; obtained services of an independent third party for the purpose of conducting an audit of the Town’s funds and presenting results to Counsel, and developed and implemented a search process for the recruitment, selection, and hiring of a permanent Town Manager. Glassman also facilitated substantive accomplishments with regards to economic development, community building, regionalism, transparency, and operational efficiency.
2018 Arizona Corporation Commission Campaign
In August 2017, Glassman announced an exploratory campaign for the 2018 Arizona Corporation Commission race as a member of the Republican Party. In 2017, Glassman raised $373,800.00 for his campaign, which is the most money raised by a candidate running for Arizona's Corporation Commission.
Glassman lives with his wife, Sasha, and two daughters, Ruth and Rose, in Phoenix, Arizona. Glassman and his wife have published five children's books about Jeremy Jackrabbit, who teaches children about re-using Earth's precious resources. Glassman is currently a Major in the US Air Force JAG Corp.
- "Rodney Glassman – for Corporation Commission". rodneyglassman.org. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "2010 Candidate Details: Glassman, Rodney Britz." Federal Election Commission. Retrieved September 9, 2010.
- Who's running for the Arizona U.S. Senate?, Carolyn Classen, Tucson Citizen
- Rinky Dink, Chris Ledaris, Tucson Weekly
- Arizona Democratic Senate Candidates Hit the Ground in DC Today, Capital Wire PR
- Final tally: Tucson voters reject mayor, council raises, Eric Segara, Tucson Citizen
- Past Events, Glassman Foundation
- The Board of Director, Pima Council on Aging
- The Board of Directors, Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education
- See list of Trustees, The Arizona 4-H Youth Foundation
- "Boyscouts | Phoenix | Grand Canyon Council BSA". Boyscouts | Phoenix | Grand Canyon Council BSA. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Arizona". www.jnf.org. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Rodney B. Glassman - Beus Gilbert". Beus Gilbert. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- Vice Mayor Rodney Glassman Hosts Town Hall on City Solar and Water Conservation Programs, Mark B. Evans, Tucson Citizen
- Three months ahead of new ordinance, QuikTrip is harvesting rain water, Yvonne Gonzales, Inside Tucson Business
- His energy, council record called pluses for Glassman, Rhoda Bodfield, Arizona Daily Star
- The Solar City, Tucsonfreaks.tribe.net
- Government Affairs Update, Tucson Association of Realtors
- Tucson Vice-Mayor Rodney Glassman resigns to run for senate, KOLD-TV
- Santos, Fernanda (2013-09-20). "Showdown in Arizona Over 'Most Western' Motto". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Kwok: Why are Republicans backing former Democrat Rodney Glassman?". azcentral. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "AZ SOS Finance Report" (PDF).
Other articles of the topic Biography : Edmund Reggie, William Lee Adams, List of Czech artists by date, Jack Batton, David William Thomas, Jasper Goodwill, David Tony Adam Harcus
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Rodney Glassman for U.S Senate official campaign site
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Campaign contributions at OpenSecrets.org
|Party political offices|
| Democratic nominee for U.S. Senator from Arizona
This article "Rodney Glassman" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rodney Glassman. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.