Rokkyo Cho Economics Award
|R. K. Cho Economics Prize|
Daewoo Hall, where the award ceremony is held
|Revised Romanization||Jo Rakkyo Gyeongjehak Sang|
|McCune–Reischauer||Cho Rakkyo Kyŏngjehak Sang|
The R. K. Cho Economics Prize is awarded by Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea to scholars in the field of economics who have contributed to the development of scholarship and education. As of 2018, the prize includes a plaque, a medal, and a monetary award of ₩100 million. It was established in 2007 with an endowment from R. K. Cho, the president of Samryoong Co. (KRX: 014970) and an alumnus of Yonsei University's economics department. Cho was motivated to create the award after seeing the results of his prior humanities-focused donations to Yonsei University, and hoped the prize could help to connect students of his alma mater and famous South Korean economists overseas. Originally awarded only to South Korean citizens, in 2015 the prize was opened to foreign scholars as well.
- 2008: Yeon-Koo Che of Columbia University
- 2009: Hyun-Song Shin of Princeton University for work in financial crises and financial stability
- 2010: Joon Y. Park of Indiana University
- 2011: Jinyong Hahn of the University of California, Los Angeles
- 2012: In-koo Choi of the University of Illinois
- 2013: Chang Yongsung of Yonsei University
- 2014: Choi Jae-pil of Yonsei University
- 2015: Richard Rogerson of Princeton University
- 2016: Quang Vuong of New York University, for work in econometrics
- 2017: Michihiro Kandori of the University of Tokyo, for "contributions to the theory of social norms, convention, and cooperation"
- "Commemorating 10 Years of the R. K. Cho Economics Prize". Global Economic Review. 45 (3). 2016. doi:10.1080/1226508X.2016.1218206.
- "The 11th R.K. Cho Economics Prize Principle of Nomination". tandfonline.com. 19 October 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- 강영운 [Kang Young-woon] (16 May 2016). "조락교 경제학상에 부옹꽝 교수…계량경제학 연구업적 인정" [R. K. Cho Economics Prize awarded to Vuong Quang in recognition of work in econometrics]. Maeil Business Newspaper. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- 전범주 [Jeon Beom-ju] (16 October 2013). "'나눠 먹고 살아야 행복해진다' 祖父 가르침 따라 인재 키우죠" ['Living happily comes from sharing a meal': Cultivating talent the way his grandfather taught him]. Maeil Business Newspaper. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "조락교경제학상 운영규정 [R. K. Cho Economics Prize Operating Regulations]". 연세대학교학교규정 제1530173호 [Yonsei University Regulations No. 1530173]. Ministry of Government Legislation. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2018. Search this book on "조락교경제학상 운영규정 [R. K. Cho Economics Prize Operating Regulations]". 연세대학교학교규정 제1530173호 [Yonsei University Regulations No. 1530173]. Ministry of Government Legislation. 21 September 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2018. Search this book on
- "제1회 조락교경제학상 최연구 교수" [First R. K. Cho Economics Prize to Che Yeon-koo]. Korea Economic Daily. 24 April 2008. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "신현송 교수, 연세대 조락교경제학상 수상" [Professor Shin Hyun-song receives Yonsei University's R. K. Cho Economics Award]. Asia Today. 24 May 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "박준용 인디애나대교수 '조락교 경제학상' 수상" [Park Joon-yong of Indiana University receives R. K. Cho Economics Prize]. Kyunghyang Shinmun. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "한진용 캘리포니아대 교수, 제4회 조락교경제학상 수상" [University of California professor Han Jinyong receives fourth R. K. Cho Economics Prize]. Kyosu Shinmun. 18 May 2011. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "조인구 美일리노이대 교수 '조락교 경제학상' 수상" [Professor In-koo Choi of the University of Illinois in U.S. receives R. K. Cho Economics Prize]. JoongAng Ilbo. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- 김연숙 [Kim Yeon-suk] (22 May 2013). "'조락교 경제학상·신진경제학상'에 장용성·최승주" [R. K. Cho Economics Prize and New Scholar Economics Prize awarded to Chang Yong-sung and Choi Syngjoo]. Yonhap. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "조락교경제학상 최재필 교수 선정" [Professor Choi Jae-pil chosen for R. K. Cho Economics Prize]. Seoul Shinmun. 13 May 2014. p. 12. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- 엄보운 [Eom Bo-un] (26 October 2015). "'정부가 관심 가지면 노동시간 감소해' 조락교 경제학상 수상강연" ['If government were paying attention, work hours would decrease': lecture by R. K. Cho Economics Prize winner]. The Chosun Ilbo. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- 신동윤 [Shin Dong-yun] (16 May 2017). "제10회 조락교경제학상 수상자로 미치히로 칸도리 도쿄대 교수 선정" [Professor Michihiro Kandori of Tokyo University selected as tenth R. K. Cho Economics Prize recipient]. The Korea Herald. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Professor Kandori wins the 10th R.K. Cho Economics Prize". Graduate School of Economics, Tokyo University. 29 May 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
This article "Rokkyo Cho Economics Award" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rokkyo Cho Economics Award. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.