|Born||South Los Angeles, California, US|
Rosemarie Allen is an American academic specialized in diversity, equity, and inclusion. She is an associate professor of early childhood development at the Metropolitan State University of Denver and president and chief executive officer for the Institute for Racial Equity and Excellence.
Early life and education
Allen was raised in South-Central Los Angeles, California. She completed her B.A. from California State University, Long Beach. Allen earned a Master of Education from Lesley University and a Doctor of Education in Equity and Leadership in Education at the University of Colorado Denver.
Allen works specializes in early childhood development, diversity, equity, and inclusion. She has authored three children's books on diversity. Allen served in directorship roles with the Colorado Department of Human Services as the director of the division of early learning and in youth corrections. Allen joined the faculty at Metropolitan State University of Denver in 2004 and is an associate professor of early childhood education. She is the president and CEO for the Institute for Racial Equity and Excellence, a nonprofit organization which licenses child care providers in three counties in Colorado.
- Allen, Rosemarie (2018). Cute and Curly. Center for Equity & Excellence. ISBN 978-1-7323442-2-8. Search this book on
- Allen, Rosemarie (2018). Stylish and Straight. Center for Equity & Excellence. ISBN 978-1-7323442-1-1. Search this book on
- Burton, Nylah (March 11, 2019). "She, The People: Dr. Rosemarie Allen Is An Education Expert Who Wants To End Classroom Bias". Essence. Retrieved 2020-10-19. Unknown parameter
- Schimke, Ann (2016-03-22). "Suspended countless times as a child, this professor is tackling racial disparities in preschool discipline". Chalkbeat Colorado. Retrieved 2021-01-28.
- "Dr. Rosemarie Allen, Ed.D." University of Nebraska at Kearney. Retrieved 2021-01-30. Unknown parameter
- "Rosemarie Allen". Metropolitan State University of Denver. Retrieved 2021-01-30. Unknown parameter
- Shelley, Tim (October 3, 2019). "Aware Is Halfway There: Identifying and Combating Implicit Biases in Early Childhood Education". WGLT. Retrieved 2020-10-19. Unknown parameter
- "Licensing Overview". Institute for Racial Equity and Excellence. Retrieved January 30, 2021.
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Rosemarie Allen publications indexed by Google Scholar
This article "Rosemarie Allen" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rosemarie Allen. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.