1988 (age 32–33)
Chadd Green, Plaistow, Newham, London, England
|🏫 Education||University of the Arts London|
London College of Communication
Search Rukia Begum on Amazon.
Background and education
Begum is British and of Bangladeshi descent. Begum attended Sir George Monoux College where she studied BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art and Design. In 2010, she graduated in FdA Surface Design from University of the Arts London. In 2012, she graduated with a 2:1 in BA Surface Design from London College of Communication.
Begum works in design and printing with a keen interest in textile and fashion print. Her work explores the relationship between pattern, texture and most meaning behind the pattern, whether being on fabric or paper. She draws influence from current labels such as Alexander McQueen and Mary Katrantzou and working alongside graphic designers.
From 2007 to 2010, Begum was a runner at Bold Creative. In 2010, she was a graphic design intern at Foxall Associate. From January to February 2012, she worked as a print intern for Emilio De la Morena. In 2012, she was the photography editor at The Platform. Since November 2012, she has been the print designer at Islamic Design House Arts and Crafts.
Begum is a Muslim and lives in Chadd Green, Plaistow, Newham, London.
- British Bangladeshi
- List of British Bangladeshis
- "2011 Designers". Paraa. Retrieved 1 January 2016. Rukia Begum - UK
- Atwal, Kay (20 October 2010). "Rukia sets off for Pakistan". Newham: Newham Recorder. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Rukia Begum". Oitij-jo. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "rukiabegum". IdeasTap. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Central Saint Martins BA (Hons) Fine Art Degree Show 2012". IdeasTap. Archived from the original on 4 February 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Rukia Begum". Showtime. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "What Lies Above the Surface". The Platform. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Face-to-face with feisty adventurers". Digital Explorer. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Rukia Begum". Masala Chai. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Made in Bangladesh". BBC Asian Network. 22 September 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Fashion designer Rukia Begum discusses ethical fashion". BBC Asian Network. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- Rukia Begum on Tumblr
- Rukia Begum on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Rukia Begum on Lookbook
- Design Students Win Cultural Trip to Pakistan. University of Arts London. 12 November 2010
|This article about a fashion designer is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Rukia Begum" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rukia Begum. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.