|Song by Justin Bieber featuring Usher|
|from the album My World 2.0|
|Genre||R&B, disco, teen pop|
|Songwriter(s)||Bieber Melvin Hough II, Rivelino Wouter, Timothy Thomas, Theron Thomas|
|Producer(s)||Mel & Mus|
"Runaway Love" is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as a track on his first studio album, My World 2.0, which was released on March 19, 2010. It was written by Bieber, Rivelino Wouter, Timothy Thomas, Theron Thomas, and Melvin Hough II, with the latter producing the track.
Composition and reception
"Runaway Love" is a mid tempo R&B and disco song which was described by Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone as "lush" and "sauntering." Luke O'Neil of Boston Globe said the track contains a Jackson 5 "disco groove." According to Monica Herrera of Billboard, the song recalls Janet Jackson's "Runaway" and Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body." Jon Caramanica of The New York Times found a "winning amalgam" of New Edition and Depeche Mode's "Policy of Truth." Rosen recommended the song as "a perfect summer single." Andy Kellman of AllMusic noted "Runaway Love" as one of the standout tracks from My World 2.0.
Kanye West remix
|"Runaway Love (Kanye West remix)"|
|Song by Justin Bieber featuring Kanye West and Raekwon|
|from the album Never Say Never: The Remixes|
|Genre||R&B, disco, hip-hop|
|Songwriter(s)||Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Corey Woods, Melvin Hough II, Rivelino Wouter, Timothy Thomas, Theron Thomas, Bieber, Dalvin DeGrate, Donald DeGrate, Dennis Coles, Robert Diggs, Gary Grice, Lamont Hawkins, Isaac Hayes, Jason Hunter, Russell Jones, David Porter, Clifford Smith|
"Runaway Love" was remixed with new production and vocals from rappers Kanye West and Raekwon. While the remix officially premiered online on August 30, 2011, this version was released as the official remix to the song, being included on the album Never Say Never: The Remixes, which was released on February 10, 2011.
— Raekwon on the "Runaway Love" remix
On August 15, 2010, American hip-hop artist Kanye West tweeted that he was recently listening to Bieber's music, particularly "Runaway Love", stating that he had listened to the song over 10 times, and ironically had a song called "Runaway" on his album as well.  Bieber responded with "It's not a so what moment for me. I'm 16 and a fan. I'm kinda hyped u are listening to my stuff. Thank u. Nice sunday morning." [sic] West then proposed on the social networking site that he, Bieber, and Raekwon of the Wu-Tang Clan work on a track together. He also pointed out how Raekwon had appeared on tracks of some of his favorite songs, and recommended the possibility of he and the Wu-Tang Clan rapper appearing on "Runaway Love." Bieber said that the collaboration would be "epic" and he was "living the dream" through this conversation. Mawuze Ziegbe of MTV News said that "Melding the gritty, boom-bap sounds of Raekwon with the cheery soulful pop of Justin Bieber and the genre-straddling jams of Kanye West might appear challenging."
A few days later on August 18, 2010, Raekwon confirmed to XXL that the collaboration would in fact take place. According to the rapper, he was alerted by his Twitter followers that Bieber and West had brought him up for a collaboration idea. The collaboration took place over the course of the following two days. Charlie Wilson, Mos Def, Akon, and Chris Rock were present in the studio for the recording. Raekwon said that Bieber and West created a "movement" and that "a lot of people want to see what could be the outcome to this remix. It's definitely a hot remix." When talking to MTV News, Raekwon made an emphasis on how his contribution to the song was friendly to Bieber's audience, saying that he definitely didn't give Bieber anything he thought was too "hot" to be spoken on by a 16-year-old. He said, "I know how to read beats, and listening to the record, I just complemented." According to Raekwon, it also sparked ideas for future collaborations between the three.
Composition and critical reception
- Rosen, Jody (2010-03-22). "My World 2.0 : Justin Bieber : Review". Rolling Stone. Jann S. Wenner. Album Reviews. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- O'Neil, Luke (2010-03-29). "Justin Bieber My World 2.0". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Herrera, Monica (2010-04-09). "Justin Bieber, "My World 2.0"". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Caramanica, Jon (2010-03-21). "Justin Bieber – My World 2.0 – Album Review". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "My World 2.0 – Justin Bieber". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Kaufman, Gil (2010-08-18). "Justin Bieber/ Kanye West Collabo Is 'Gonna Happen,' Raekwon Says". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- Ziegbe, Mawuze (2010-08-15). "Justin Bieber, Kanye West Tweet About Possible Collaboration". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Reid, Shaheem (2010-08-19). "Exclusive: Raekwon Talks Finished Justin Bieber Remix With Kanye West". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2010-08-19). "Kanye West Tweets Status Of Justin Bieber Remix". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- Rodriguez, Jayson (2010-08-30). "Kanye West Drops Justin Bieber 'Runaway Love' Remix". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
This article "Runaway Love" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Runaway Love. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.