Ryadh M. Alkhareif
There do not appear to be enough references currently present in this article to demonstrate notability. However, a user has performed a search that indicated that this is a notable topic.July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Ryadh M. Alkhareif is a Saudi economist and currently serves as the alternate Executive Director for Saudi Arabia at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington D.C. He has published a number of papers in peer reviewed journals, and has co-authored the book “Advances in Monetary Policy Design” with William Barnett, a pioneer of the Divisia monetary indexes. Dr. Alkhareif has recently published a book on "Macroeconomic Policies and Econometric Models for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia". The Center for Financial Stability (CFS) in New York provides direct links to some of Dr. Alkhareif’s scientific publications.
Education and career
Alkhareif received his Bachelor degree in Finance from King Saud University. He then moved to Portland, where he received his first masters degree in Economics from University of Oregon. He earned his second masters degree in Economics from as well as a doctorate from the University of Kansas.
Dr. Alkhareif has more than 15 years of experience in the economic field. He is currently the Alternate Executive Director for Saudi Arabia at the International Monetary Fund. Dr. Alkhareif is a member of the Executive Board, which is the policy and decision-making body of the IMF. The Executive Board is responsible for conducting the day-to-day business of the IMF, including the approval of all IMF lending operations, the review and approval of IMF policies, and the completion of the Article IV surveillance exercise with each member country.
Prior to joining the Fund, Dr. Alkhareif was the Head of the Studies Division at the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA). The Studies Division is responsible for running SAMA’s main macroeconomic models. Dr. Alkhareif was in charge of coordinating the publication process for SAMA’s Working Papers, its primary research publications. He also was responsible for holding SAMA’s quarterly economic workshops. Moreover, Dr. Alkhareif participated in many regional and international meetings related to the work of central banks.
Dr. Alkhareif represented Saudi Arabia at the G20 Framework Working Group (FWG) during 2016-2019. He also contributed to the formulation of the FWG Priorities under the Saudi G20 Presidency.
He is the member of the Leadership in Financial Institutions Program in Harvard Business School and MIT since 2012. Also, he is a member of the American Economic Measurement Association since 2013. He was the Representative of Saudi Arabia at the G20 (FWG) from 2016 until 2019, and was member of the Training Committee in the Research and International Affairs Agency of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency from 2013 until 2014.
Alkhareif, Ryadh M. (2020) “Macroeconomic policies and econometric models of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”, King Fahad National Library.
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif, William A. Barnett (2013), Advances in Monetary Policy Design: Applications to the Gulf Monetary Union, Cambridge Scholars Publishing. This book is available in U.S. libraries and major online retailers such as Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/Advances-Monetary-Policy-Design-Applications/dp/1443848298)
- Ryadh M. Alkhareif (2003), Money Laundering Operations, Al-Jazeera, 11075.
Awards and certifications
- High Potentials Leadership Program (HPLP), Harvard University [October 20-25, 2019]
- Financial Programming and Policies, IMF [March 3-10, 2017]
- Economic Modelling and Forecasting Program, Bank of England [Nov 30-Dec 11, 2015]
- The Politics and Economics of International Finance, Harvard University [Mar 28, 2015]
- Trained Economist, State Street Corporation [Feb-May 2015]
- Advanced Topics in Empirical Finance, Swiss National Bank [February 2 – 13, 2015]
- Leadership in Financial Organizations, Harvard University [Jul 8-12, 2012]
- Essential IT for Non-IT Executives at MIT–Business School [Nov 15-16, 2012]
- Understanding and Solving Complex Business Problems, at MIT–Business School [Sep. 18-19, 2012]
- Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Economic Sciences Young Researcher Award, Germany [Aug 2014]
- Harimlae Award for Excellence, PhD Level 
- Full Scholarship for Graduate Studies, Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority [2005-2013]
- Awarded an Honor Degree for Outstanding Academic Performance–King Saud University .
- "Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Advances in Monetary Policy Design". www.cambridgescholars.com. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- "International Advances in Monetary and Financial Measurement - The Center for Financial Stability". www.centerforfinancialstability.org. Retrieved 2020-08-01.
- Alkhareif, Ryadh. "Essays in Divisia monetary aggregation: Applications to the Gulf Monetary Union". PQDT Open. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "Al-jazirah". www.al-jazirah.com. Retrieved 2020-08-29.
This article "Ryadh M. Alkhareif" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ryadh M. Alkhareif. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.