Ryan Lawrence Jones
|Ryan Lawrence Jones|
|Born||March 1, 1981|
💵 Salary :
Search Ryan Lawrence Jones on Amazon.
Ryan Lawrence Jones (born March 1, 1981) is an American artist known for working with large canvas and mixed media (oil, acrylic and collage). He lives and works in Mill Valley, California.
He was classically trained at Stanford University, attending from 1999-2003.
Ryan Jones' paintings immerse the audience in stories with mysterious, luxurious settings - images infused with fantasy and a hint of noir. Rather than frame faces as in ordinary portraiture, Jones gives the viewer a glimpse of his subjects, directing the focus toward the finer nuances of a scene. As he has noted, his work is a unique “fusion of the real and surreal." Juxtaposed in and around bold geometric shapes, his compositions encourage the viewer to see bits of life through a restricted lens, as if you’re watching through a keyhole, your imagination filling with possible story lines, speculating about what has happened, what is about to happen, and what is happening just beyond the border of the frame.
Prior to focusing on his traditional painting career, Ryan Jones was a digital artist for more than a decade with Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), the visual effects division within Lucasfilm. He was a digital artist on more than 25 major motion pictures. His body of work ranges from digital animation art, to digital environment painting. Most recent films include Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Revenant and Deep Water Horizon. His work on Rango won Best Animated Feature Film at the 2012 Oscars. He was recently nominated for a 2016 VES award for his work on Deep Water Horizon.
- "Ryan Jones: Paintings at Upcoming Exhibition in St. Helena". Patch.com. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- McCarthy, Allison. "The Agenda: Ryan Jones' "Slivers of Reality" and Fog Design + Art Fair". California Home + Design. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- McCarthy, Allison. "An SF Artist Brings Back Old School Maps". 7x7. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- "New at Caldwell Snyder". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Strauss, Paul (19 January 2011). "Ryan Jones' Star Wars Art: These Aren't the Drawings You're Looking For". Technabob. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Baine, Wallace. "Sculptor Stan Welsh and other artists put the landscape in new contexts in new exhibition at SCICA's 'Alter Eco'". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
This article "Ryan Lawrence Jones" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.