|Initial release||February 5, 2018|
|Operating system||Windows 7 or later, Linux, macOS|
|Type||Video game console emulator|
Search Ryujinx on Amazon.
Ryujinx is a free and open-source Nintendo Switch emulator released under the MIT license... and developed in the C# programming language. The emulator uses OpenGL, requiring version 4.4 or later; as such macOS is not officially supported due to Apple deprecating OpenGL.
Originally released on GitHub and announced on GBAtemp.net on February 5, 2018, Ryujinx featured just one bootable commercial game that progressed to intro animations, and could launch a few homebrew applications. As of July 1, 2020, the developer's publicly maintained compatibility list classifies 594 games as playable, and an additional 556 titles as being able to go in-game. Ryujinx official builds and changelog are maintained on the official website.
According to the developers, the emulator's name is a mix of Ryūjin, RyuJIT (which is named after Ryūjin) and NX, the Nintendo Switch codename used during development.
Development of Ryujinx was started in November 2017 by gdkchan. Unlike many other console emulators, Ryujinx is written in C#. Soon after development began, a Discord server and basic website were added. Initially, Ryujinx translated ARM code to .NET IL via ChocolArm64, allowing RyuJIT (the .NET JIT compiler) to be leveraged for ARM emulation; this is also partially where the name of the emulator was derived from. However, several inherent limitations necessitated a more flexible JIT, leading to gdkchan's creation of the custom JIT named ARMeilleure
In April 2017, an article published by hothardware.com stated Ryujinx was already booting commercial games.
In April 2018, Engadget and Forbes.com and published articles noting that Ryujinx was able to boot and play Cave Story and The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+, and boot Puyo Puyo Tetris into menus.
In September 2018, Ryujinx implemented multi-core scheduling.
In December 2018, an article published by Gearnuke.com noted that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was now booting on the emulator.
In March 2020, Ryujinx began releasing a series of four specialized builds capable of running the Nintendo Switch game Animal Crossing: New Horizons on day 1 of its release, including progressive bug fixes and other optimizations on each revision of the special build; by May 2, 2020 the specialized build had taken down and it was announced that support for Animal Crossing: New Horizons had been incorporated into the latest official build
In April 2020, wccftech.com published an page stating that Ryujinx now ran some select titles, such as Astral Chain, and Pokemon Sword with acceptable performances.
In September 2020, nintendolife.com publish an article noting that a Breath Of The Wild mod works on emulators like Cemu, Yuzu, as well as Ryujinx.
A complete list of contributors to the Ryujinx project can be found at the Ryujinx GitHub repository contributors page
As of July 1, 2020 Ryujinx requires a dump of the Nintendo Switch firmware & keys, and installation of OpenAL binaries.
- Yuzu (emulator)
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Smith, Ryan. "Apple Deprecates OpenGL Across All OSes; Urges Developers to use Metal". www.anandtech.com. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Experimental Switch emulator in C#". GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List-Playable". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02. Unknown parameter
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List-In-game". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02. Unknown parameter
- Ryujinx. "Ryujinx - Download". Ryujinx. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Summer Progress Report". Ryujinx. 2019-10-19. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Lilly, Paul (April 5, 2017). "RyujiNX Nintendo Switch Emulator Is Already Booting Licensed Games". Unknown parameter
- Evangelho, Jason. "2 Nintendo Switch Emulators Are Live And Running Gameplay". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "RyujiNX, el emulador de Switch comienza a ejecutar juegos". Engadget. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Thread scheduler rewrite by gdkchan · Pull Request #393 · Ryujinx/Ryujinx". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Khan, Danial Arshad (2018-12-07). "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on PC to be a possibility soon thanks to Ryujinx Switch Emulator". GearNuke. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Emulation News: Animal Crossing: New Horizons gets in-game on Ryujinx & Cemu (Wii U emulator) 1.17.4 publicly released with SD Card emulation & more". Wololo.net. 2020-03-21. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Palumbo, Alessio (2020-03-24). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons Already Works on PC Through Ryujinx Emulator". Wccftech. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Preview Build Release (Updated)". 2 May 2020. Unknown parameter
- De Meo, Francesco (Apr 26, 2020). "Nintendo Switch Emulator Ryujinx Runs Astral Chain, Pokemon Sword With Acceptable Performance On PC". Unknown parameter
- McFerran, Damien. "Random: Check Out This Amazing "Skyview Temple" Custom Dungeon For Zelda: Breath Of The Wild". Nintendo Life. Unknown parameter
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx/graphs/contributors". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02. Unknown parameter
Others articles of the Topics Video games AND Free and open-source software : GemRB, Arrow (software), PLIB, MegaMek, 1964 (emulator), PySol, Freedoom
Others articles of the Topic Video games : List of games with DirectX 11 support, Android Shark, PAKO 2 (video game), Vexera, Retrobsesion, Arrow (software), WarFallen
Others articles of the Topic Free and open-source software : Veloren, Vanilo, AtheOS, ProtonMail, Next.js, Gumpy, NewsFlash
This article "Ryujinx" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ryujinx. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.