Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
|Initial release||February 5, 2018|
|Operating system||Windows 7 or later, Linux, macOS 11+|
|Platform||x86-64, Apple Silicon|
|Type||Video game console emulator|
Search Ryujinx on Amazon.
Ryujinx is a free and open-source Nintendo Switch emulator released under the MIT license. and developed in the C# programming language. The emulator uses OpenGL, requiring version 4.5 or later, Vulkan, or Metal 3.
Originally released on GitHub and announced on GBAtemp.net on February 5, 2018, Ryujinx featured just one bootable commercial game that progressed to intro animations, and could launch a few homebrew applications. As of November 2022, the developer's publicly maintained compatibility list classifies 3,198 games as playable, and an additional 459 titles as being able to go in-game. Ryujinx official builds and changelog are maintained on the official website.
Development of Ryujinx was started in November 2017 by gdkchan. Unlike many other console emulators, Ryujinx is written in C#. Soon after development began, a Discord server and basic website were added. Initially, Ryujinx translated ARM code to .NET IL via ChocolArm64, allowing RyuJIT (the .NET JIT compiler) to be leveraged for ARM emulation; this is also partially where the name of the emulator was derived from. However, several inherent limitations necessitated a more flexible JIT, leading to gdkchan's creation of the custom JIT named ARMeilleure
In April 2018, Engadget and Forbes.com and published articles noting that Ryujinx was able to boot and play Cave Story and The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+, and boot Puyo Puyo Tetris into menus.
In September 2018, Ryujinx implemented multi-core scheduling.
In December 2018, an article published by Gearnuke.com noted that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was now booting on the emulator.
In March 2020, Ryujinx began releasing a series of four specialized builds capable of running the Nintendo Switch game Animal Crossing: New Horizons on day 1 of its release, including progressive bug fixes and other optimizations on each revision of the special build; by May 2, 2020 the specialized build had taken down and it was announced that support for Animal Crossing: New Horizons had been incorporated into the latest official build
In October 2021, PC Gamer and Kotaku, among other news outlets, noted that Ryujinx was running Metroid Dread at 4K within days of the game's release. Later in October 2021, boilingsteam.com published an interview with gdkchan, creator of the Ryujinx emulator.
In January 2022, Kotaku published an article declaring that Ryujinx was being used to stream gameplay of Pokémon Legends Arceus on Twitch, prior to the game's release.
In August 2022, Ryujinx added a Vulkan renderer to its main build, after a year of public testing. Later that month, PC Gamer and nintendolife.com noted Ryujinx's response to Irdeto's Denuvo announcement.
In September 2022, techpowerup.com began including Ryujinx as a standard benchmark tool in hardware review articles and noted it as a "highly compatible, feature-rich emulator for the Nintendo Switch console."
As of November 2022, Ryujinx requires a dump of the Nintendo Switch firmware & keys, 8GB of RAM, a 64-bit operating system or macOS 11+, a GPU that supports OpenGL 4.5, Vulkan, or Metal 3, and your dumped games or homebrew.
- Emulators of Nintendo Switch
- Yuzu (emulator)
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Experimental Switch emulator in C#". GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List-Playable". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02. Unknown parameter
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx-Games-List-In-game". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02. Unknown parameter
- Ryujinx. "Ryujinx - Download". Ryujinx. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Ryujinx - Nintendo Switch Emulator". Ryujinx. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "NX is now Nintendo Switch, a portable console with detachable controllers". Eurogamer.net. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "Summer Progress Report". Ryujinx. 2019-10-19. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Evangelho, Jason. "2 Nintendo Switch Emulators Are Live And Running Gameplay". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "RyujiNX, el emulador de Switch comienza a ejecutar juegos". Engadget. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Thread scheduler rewrite by gdkchan · Pull Request #393 · Ryujinx/Ryujinx". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Khan, Danial Arshad (2018-12-07). "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on PC to be a possibility soon thanks to Ryujinx Switch Emulator". GearNuke. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Emulation News: Animal Crossing: New Horizons gets in-game on Ryujinx & Cemu (Wii U emulator) 1.17.4 publicly released with SD Card emulation & more". Wololo.net. 2020-03-21. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- Palumbo, Alessio (2020-03-24). "Animal Crossing: New Horizons Already Works on PC Through Ryujinx Emulator". Wccftech. Retrieved 2020-06-03.
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Preview Build Release (Updated)". 2 May 2020. Unknown parameter
- De Meo, Francesco (Apr 26, 2020). "Nintendo Switch Emulator Ryujinx Runs Astral Chain, Pokemon Sword With Acceptable Performance On PC". Unknown parameter
- McFerran, Damien. "Random: Check Out This Amazing "Skyview Temple" Custom Dungeon For Zelda: Breath Of The Wild". Nintendo Life. Unknown parameter
- "Episode 72 - Emulating a Video Game System in .NET with Ryujinx". The .NET Core Podcast. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- Jody Macgregor (2021-10-10). "Watch Metroid Dread running on PC thanks to emulators". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "Metroid Dread Is Already Running On Switch Emulators". Kotaku Australia. 2021-10-10. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "Metroid Dread: Experience the Fear ... With Emulation! - Boiling Steam". 2021-10-08. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "An Interview With GDKChan, Creator of Ryujinx - Boiling Steam". 2021-10-17. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "You Can Play Mario Party Superstars Online with Ryujinx on Linux - Boiling Steam". 2021-11-01. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "People Are Already Streaming Pokémon Legends Arceus Gameplay On Twitch". Kotaku Australia. 2022-01-23. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- Take down this video, Nintendo. I dare you. - Switch games on Steam Deck, retrieved 2022-09-27
- "Ryujinx Switch emulator adds Vulkan renderer to main build after a year of testing". GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- Palumbo, Alessio; Palumbo, Alessio (2022-08-01). "Ryujinx Nintendo Switch Emulator Gets Vulkan Backend Update". Wccftech. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "Ryujinx LDN 2.5 Released, Adds Vulkan Backend". Linux Gaming Central. 2022-08-19. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "Ryujinx (Switch Emulator) Gets The Vulkan Treatment - Boiling Steam". 2021-08-01. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- Wes Fenlon (2022-08-24). "Denuvo DRM that nobody likes now available for Nintendo players, too". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- Life, Nintendo (2022-08-26). "Nintendo Is Apparently Not Involved In The New Switch DRM Initiative". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- W1zzard; on; AMD, in Processors Manufacturer. "AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Review - Impressive 16-core Powerhouse". TechPowerUp. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
- "The Impossible Port: MacOS". Ryujinx. 2022-11-26. Retrieved 2022-11-29.
- "Ryujinx/Ryujinx/graphs/contributors". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-02. Unknown parameter
- "Ryujinx Setup & Configuration Guide · Ryujinx/Ryujinx Wiki". GitHub. Retrieved 2022-09-27.
Others articles of the Topics Video games AND Free and open-source software : Freedoom, Arrow (software), PySol, Pingus, VisualBoyAdvance, Blob Wars (series), GNOME Games Collection
Others articles of the Topic Video games : GA Angel Soldier A - Dual Angels, Corepunk, Mystic Wand, Blaziken, RuPaul's Drag Race: The Mobile Game, List of games with DirectX 9 support, Let me solo her
Others articles of the Topic Free and open-source software : ProtonMail, XULRunner, SurveyJS, Aria Maestosa, Xaraya, Tigris.org, VSXu
This article "Ryujinx" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ryujinx. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.