Sacha Nemcov is an American psychologist, businessperson, and cannabis rights activist. Nemcov’s academic credentials include a doctorate in clinical psychology (Psy.D) from California Southern University. He is also the former president of The University of Beverly Hills. His practical experience in psychotherapy began in 2013 when he worked as a counselor for children with ADHD and severe autism disorders at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. His role as a counselor allowed him to treat all forms of mental illness. Nemcov currently focuses on working with adult individuals who suffer from various issues such as addiction, relationship struggles, mood, and thought disorder. His treatment style utilizes psychoanalysis and Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT).
Since leaving his internship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Nemcov has been an active member of the cannabis lobby and has been attributed for his cannabis legalization efforts in California. Nemcov was introduced into the world of medical marijuana in 2009 when a close friend was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He was unable to find a physician in Southern California who would offer medical marijuana as an option but later found a physician in the San Francisco Bay Area who was amenable to the subject. Nemcov flew to Northern California where his friend’s medical needs could be addressed, which led to the opening of the first medical marijuana physician’s office in Beverly Hills.
History and legal issues
In 2017, the City of San Jose filed legal complaints against the owners and operators of Coachella Valley Church for not conforming to city regulations on marijuana dispensaries. Nemcov became entangled in the lawsuit when the city accused him as the landlord of the church house. All parties stated that they were not a marijuana dispensary, but rather a Rastafarian church, and should be exempt from taxation, zoning and other regulations that apply to religious groups under the United States Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act (RLUIPA) of 2000. The state of California lost the landmark case and the Church was allowed to continue.
Nemcov began investing in bitcoin-related startups in early 2013. He eventually became the Executive Director of Bayrock Group, a real estate development firm that specializes in luxury commercial and residential products. In 2019, Nemcov introduced Smart Contracts to Bayrock’s technology department. This allowed the company to use computers, rather than people to facilitate real estate transactions.
- "Medical Marijuana Cancer Research Arrives in Illinois". August 29, 2013.
- "Sacha Nemcov & Larry King | Medical Cannabis Pioneers, Cannabis Advocate and Entrepreneur". September 9, 2019.
- Ltd, Fresco Software Solution Pvt. "Legal Marijuana Mart | Buy Marijuana Online | Marijuana for Sale". www.legalmarijuanamart.com.
- "People of the State of California v. Coachella Valley Church | Legal News".
- "SJSU News | Learn By Doing/ Excite Your Mind". sjsunews.com.
- "Church claims religious exemption from local pot laws". November 4, 2017.
- Baum, Julia; Cannifornian, The (November 7, 2017). "Bay Area church claims religious exemption from local pot laws". The Cannifornian.
- "A Crypto Conversation with Sacha Nemcov, Executive Director of Bayrock Group | Coin News Telegraph".
- "A Crypto Conversation with Sacha Nemcov, Executive Director of Bayrock Group". September 8, 2019.
- "30 Under 30: L.A.'s Bright Young Things - The Ritz Herald".
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (September 2019)
This article "Sacha Nemcov" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sacha Nemcov. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.