San Diego Film Week
|Location||San Diego, California, United States|
|Hosted by||Film Consortium San Diego|
Held in February near Downtown San Diego, San Diego Film Week is a showcase for US and international independent filmmakers. The festival features competitive juried categories including narrative feature films, short films and documentary films. Additional categories include: music, animation and military genres.
The inaugural 2017 event kicked off on February 10 with a Gala at the Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows and ran through February 19 with a closing awards ceremony at The Gallery on February 25. During the event, the festival had 21 separate screenings that included 15 feature films and short films from the San Diego International Film Festival, GI Film Festival San Diego, San Diego Asian Film Festival, 48 Hour Film Project San Diego, San Diego Latino Film Festival and the Horrible Imaginings Film Festival. With seven workshops and other short film blocks going simultaneously, the Film Consortium San Diego screened 100 films during San Diego Film Week.
Notability[edit | edit source]
- Film Screening: A Life Lived (feat. Denise Richards)
- San Diego Premiere: South of 8 (dir. Tony Olmos)
Awards[edit | edit source]
SHORT FILM AWARDS
- Best Comedy Short Narrative film Sorry to Bother You & Captain of My Desire
- Best Drama Short Narrative Film Undocumented & Vessels
- Best Horror/SciFi/Thriller/Action Short Narrative Film The Light Once Captured & Night of the Slasher
- Best Documentary Short She Wore Silver Wings & Joshua Tree
- Best Oldie But Goodie The Lurking
- Audience Choice Bon Voyage
FEATURE FILM AWARDS
- Best Documentary Feature Janey Makes A Play
- Best Trailer Love is the Answer
- Best Comedy Feature Eternity: the Movie
- Best Horror/Sci-Fi/Thriller Feature South of 8
- The Best Drama Feature A Life Lived
- Audience Choice A Life Lived
References[edit | edit source]
- SDGLN, Timothy Rawles-Community Editor for (13 February 2017). "Inaugural San Diego Film Week begins with old Hollywood style". San Diego Gay and Lesbian News.
- "Weekend Roundup: Top San Diego Events for Feb. 9-12". SoCalPulse. 8 February 2017.
- "Finance and Distribution for independent TV, Film, and Online Content 101 - San Diego Film Week Workshop - New Media Rights". www.newmediarights.org.
- Dawson, David (6 February 2017). "Jodi Cilley and San Diego Film Week".
- "San Diego Film Week". KPBS Public Media.
- "San Diego Film Week". ALT 949.
- "CW6 San Diego". cw6sandiego.com.
- "San Diego Reader". sandiegoreader.com/.
- "About San Diego Film Week".
- "Monte Carlo Closing Party and Awards Ceremony".
- "A Life Lived Screening".
- "South of 8 Screening".
- "SD Film Week Award Winners- Juried Awards".
[edit | edit source]
This article "San Diego Film Week" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:San Diego Film Week. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.