Sangford Schools are dedicated to promising Innovation in Education, and standardised approaches to help students develop knowledge, understanding, attitudes and skills necessary to participate actively and responsibly in a rapidly changing world. Research says "Every child is born genius and it is the quality of the environment and parenting which determines the intelligence of the child. The intelligence of child is not only a genetic factor but an environmental factor decided by the quality of education and parenting”.
Sangford School is a co-educational, independent day school located in Chennai and Kanchipuram, India. It was founded in 2009 by Mr. Sivakumar Narayanaswamy and Mrs. Jayanthi Sivakumar. The school is a long cherished dream of whose vision was to start an educational institution combining the virtues of art and culture, which will endeavour to raise the integrated child who is not dwarfed by consideration of caste, creed or community.
Vision, Mission and Values
- Vision :Sangford’s pleasant child – centric environment and innovative teaching methods will focus on the child’s development as a whole and helps to achieve it.
- Mission And Values : Sangford Schools are dedicated to promising Innovation in Education, and standardized approaches to help students develop knowledge, understanding, attitudes and skills necessary to participate actively and responsibly in a rapidly changing world.
- Member of American Montessori Society.
- Member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, NAYEC, USA.
- Member of American Society for Quality in K-12 Education.
- Member of Learning Disabilities Association of America.
- Infrastructure : Sangford boasts of state of positive art academic campus which has been designed to enhance the teaching learning process. We have ensured that it becomes the second home for our students. We also believe that good infrastructure is pre requisite for quality education. The school class rooms have well ventilated which allows natural air circulation and light.
- Smart Board : All the classrooms are equipped with projector and interactive smart board, installed OEM 3D Software, the software allows the integration of various technologies to improve the entire learning experience and make it more time-efficient. Teachers use these resources effectively.
- Laboratories : A scientific temperament is nurtured through fully equipped and suitably designed laboratories for Physics Chemistry and Biology. Students are encouraged to use the facilities for enhancing skills.
- Library : The school believes that every individual is a learner throughout his / her life and there is no better way to gain knowledge and wisdom than reading a book. The school has well equipped library with stock of impressive books.
- Karate : Karate is not only a type of martial art but it also helps children attain self-confidence and improves their health and fitness level. It is also a way to relieve stress that will help the student focus more in class. Training in Karate will help the school students be the best version of themselves and use their body and mind to their fullest potential.
- Yoga : Yoga is a group of physical, mental, social and spiritual practices that help improve the child’s well-being. Children derive enormous benefits from yoga. Physically, it enhances their flexibility, strength, coordination, and body awareness. In addition, Yoga improves their concentration and makes them more calm and relaxed by decreasing their stress level.
- Zumba : Zumba involves dance and aerobic movements performed to energetic music. The choreography incorporates hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa, merengue and mambo. Squats and lunges are also included.
- Art &Craft : They learn to think and act as artists, makers and designers, working creatively and intelligently. They develop an appreciation for all types of art, craft and design and develop an understanding of its role in the creative and cultural mind set of the society
- Silambam : Silambam is a weapon-based marital art that originated from Tamil Nadu. It improves hand-eye coordination, improves blood circulation and burns calories that help in keeping the children fit and health. It also improves mental strength and agility, which helps the student focus more in class.
- Archery : Archery is the sport of using a bow to propel arrows. Historically, archery has been used for hunting and combat. In modern times it is mainly a competitive sport and recreational activity. :
- Drawing : Drawing is a form of visual art in which a person uses various drawing instruments to mark paper or another two-dimensional medium. Instruments include graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, wax color pencils, crayons, charcoal, chalk, pastels, various kinds of erasers, markers, styluses, various metals (such as silverpoint) and electronic drawing.
- Keyboard : Learning an instrument will not only help the student increase and develop his skill set but will also raise his/her self-esteem, increases coordination and also helps the student concentrate.
- Chess : Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chessboard, a checkered game board with 64 squares arranged in an 8×8 grid. The game is played by millions of people worldwide.
This article "Sangford School" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sangford School. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.