|🏳️ Nationality||(American Flag) American|
|University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Rutgers New Jersey Medical School; Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA; University of Miami, Miami, FL; Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA|
💵 Salary :
|🏢 Organization||International Robotic Prostatectomy Institute, Miami, FL; Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami, FL; Larkin University Hospital, South Miami, FL|
|Robotic Prostate Surgery and Pioneering New Surgical Techniques for enhanced recovery of urinary control and sexual function. Editor of First Textbook on Outcomes of Robotic Prostate Surgery|
Sanjay Razdan is a board-certified American urologist, oncologist, and principal investigator specializing in the treatment of prostate cancer and urological diseases. He is a urological robotic surgeon and has performed over 7,000 robotically assisted procedures using the Da Vinci Surgical System.
Dr. Razdan is the Professor and Chairman at the International Robotic Prostatectomy Institute and the Director of the Urology Center of Excellence and Endourology and Robotic Fellowship Program at Larkin Hospital, South Miami, Florida.
He is the founder and President of Prostate Awareness Research and Treatment, Inc, (PART) a non-profit organization dedicated to helping educate and treat men with prostate cancer who do not have the financial resources to seek treatment.
Education & Career
Dr. Razdan is a qualified Doctor of Medicine (MD), Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch) and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
He attended Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College, Kanpur, India and completed his internship at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA.
He completed his urology residency at University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he was ranked as the best graduating resident and also received the resident teacher award. Dr. Razdan also completed a Fellowship at Boston University Medical Center where he received the Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award for exemplary performance. After his residency Dr Razdan completed an Advanced Fellowship in Endourology and Minimally-Invasive Urologic Oncology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia where for the second time in his career, he received the Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award.
- He also holds an FL State Medical License and is Board Certified in Urology from the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Razdan was awarded the diploma of FRCS by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK for outstanding contributions to the field of urologic robotic surgery and prostate cancer in 2019.
Robotic Prostatectomy and other professional activities
He is one of the first urological surgeons to perform salvage robotic procedures for radiation and cryo failures.
In 2012 he was the first urologist in the world to use dehydrated human amniotic membrane during Robotic Radical Prostatectomy for an early return of erectile function after robotic prostate surgery; Razdan has performed over 1,500 amniotic membrane placements.
In 2014 he pioneered the technique of Maximal Urethral Length Preservation (MULP) for early return of urinary continence after robotic prostate surgery.
Dr. Razdan is the Professor and Chairman of the International Robotic Prostatectomy Institute, which is dedicated exclusively to prostate cancer treatment.
Razdan is the founder of his non-profit organization “Prostate Awareness Research and Treatment" (PART, Inc) which is dedicated to helping patients with no Health Insurance. Razdan performs free surgeries on patients who did not have health insurance on a regular basis 
He is also:
· Director of the Robotic Prostate Program at Kendall Regional Medical Center, Miami FL
· Director of the Robotic Urology Program at MiVIP Centers, Miami FL
· Director of the Endourology/Robotic Fellowship Program at Larkin University Hospital, Miami, FL.
· Director of the “Comprehensive Kidney Stone Center” of Miami.
· Razdan lectures and participates in symposiums around the world on robotic techniques and advances in prostate cancer.
· Dr. Razdan is a reviewer for many peer-reviewed renowned journals like Journal of Endourology, Urology, Hernia, Journal of Robotic Surger
Awards and Recognition
Dr. Razdan has received the following awards throughout his career:
· Health Care Heroes Award, 2018: Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Miami, FL, USA
Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award by the Marquis Who's Who Publications Board, 2019.
· Olympus Prize for Best Laparoscopy and Robotics Paper at the World Congress of Endourology 2014-Taipei, Taiwan: "Use of Dehydrated Human Amniotic Membrane During Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy in Early Return of Erectile Function: A Retrospective Study"
· Patients Choice Award 2012: Vitals MD
· Most Compassionate Doctor Award 2012: Vitals MD
· Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award: Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 2004.
· Physicians Recognition Award: 2004, The American Medical Association.
· 2003 Academic Excellence Award: Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine.
· Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award: Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA. 1998.
· Nominee and the finalist for the Health Care Heroes Award by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce in 2018.
· Distinction in Physiology, Pathology and Social & Preventive Medicine Award, 1984
· Seven Gold Medal Awards for securing highest marks in Physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and Surgery, 1984.
· Physiology Society Gold Medal, 1981
· Dr. B.N. Gold Medal for securing highest marks in Medical School, 1982
· Best Overall Graduate of the Year, 1984
· Five Gold Medals for highest marks in Physiology, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Social/Preventive Medicine, 1981
· Gold Medal for highest marks in second professional M.D. examination, 1982
· Physiology Society Silver Medal, distinction in Physiology, 1981
Urinary Continence and Sexual Function After Robotic Radical Prostatectomy – Editor. Publisher: Springer, New York (2016)
Articles, Presentations and Book Chapters
Razdan has contributed to and published over 250 articles, book chapters and invited articles on various aspects of urologic cancer, urology, and robotics. Some publications:
· A Novel Intra-operative Physician Assigned Grading (IOPAG) score proposed and validated to predict post-operative return of potency after robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP) at 1 year — Bajpai RR, Razdan S, Sanchez MA, Razdan S: Indian Journal of Urology. (2019)
· Posterior, Anterior, and Periurethral Surgical Reconstruction of Urinary Continence Mechanisms in Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy: A Description and Video Compilation of Commonly Performed Surgical Techniques — Vis AN, van der Poel HG, Ruiter AEC, Hu JC, Tewari, AK, Rocco B, Patel VR, Razdan S, Nieuwenhuijzen JA: Eur Urol. (2018)
· Challenging Case: Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy After Prior Suprapubic Open Prostatectomy — Razdan S, Razdan S: J Endourol Case Rep. 2018 May l.
· A matched and controlled longitudinal cohort study of dehydrated human amniotic membrane allograft sheet used as a wraparound nerve bundle in robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: a puissant adjunct for enhanced potency outcomes — Razdan S, Bajpai RR, Razdan S, Sanchez MA: J Robot Surg. (2018)
· Robotic-assisted Laparoscopic Vesiculectomy in a patient with atypical Zinner Syndrome presenting with large cyst involving bilateral seminal vesicles and vasa deferentia — Razdan S, Kryvenko ON, Razdan S: Urol Case Rep. (2018)
· Urinary Continence and Sexual Function After Robotic Radical Prostatectomy- Saniap Razdan. MD Editor Publisher: Springer, New York, 2016.
· Early Return of Continence in Patients Undergoing Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy Using Modified Maximal Urethral Length Procedure: Journal of Endourology (2014)
· Robotic Prostatectomy: Tips and Tricks in Developing a High Volume Efficient Program: Director of this AUA office of Education Course at the AUA annual meeting in Washington DC, May 2011.
· Adjunctive Tamsulosin Improves Stone Free Rate After Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy of Large Renal and Ureteric Calculi: A Prospective Randomized Study - Presented at AUA Orlando, Florida (2008)
· The Myth of the Lower Pole Stone: Is ESWL passé for lower pole stones- Sanjay Razdan: Presented at AUA 2006, Atlanta, GA.
· The Camera Phone: A Novel Aid In Urologic Practice —Sanjay Razdan, James Johannes, Ramsay L. Kuo, and Demetrius H. Bagley: Urology (2006)
· Minimizing Minimally-Invasive Surgery: The 5 mm Trocar Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty - Sanjay Razdan, Demetrius Bagley, David McGinnis: Journal of Endourology, April 2005.
· Ureteroscopic Endoureterotomy- Sanjay Razdan & Demetrius H. Bagley: BJU International, February 2005.
· Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Results and Changing Strategies at a Single Institution- Sanjay Razdan, David McGinnis, Leonard G. Gomella, Stephen S. Strup: Presented at the Society of urologic oncology, Baltimore, MD, Dec. 2003.
· Primary versus Secondary Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction: Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty at a Single Institution Sanjay Razdan, Mark Chang, David E. McGinnis, Demetrius H. Bagley, and Stephen S. Strup: Presented at AUA, May 2004.
· Totally Ureteroscopic Management of Ureteral StricturesSanjay Razdan, Irene K. Silberstein, Demetrius H. Bagley: Presented at AUA, May 2004.
· Carcinoma of the Urethra and Penis - Sanjay Razdan and Leonard G. Gomella: Chapter in Devita's Textbook of Oncology, 8th edition 2004.
· Neurogenic Bladder in Schistosomiasis- Sanjay Razdan, Mike B. Siroky, & Robert J. Krane: UROLOGY, May 1997.
· A Simple Method of Antegrade Collagen Placement for Post— Prostatectomy Incontinence - Sanjay Razdan, Robert A. Edelstein, Richard K. Babayan: Journal of Endourology, Feb. 1998.
· The Modified Boari Flap for transplant ureteral strictures: a critical appraisal - Sanjay Razdan, John Konnak: Transplant Proceedings, August 1999
· Current Practice Patterns in the urologic management of Spinal cord injured patients - Sanjay Razdan, Marcalee Sipski, David Weinstein, Angelo E. Gousse: Urology (May 2003).
· Renal Scan or Renal US: Which is the most appropriate upper tract study in the urologic surveillance of Spinal Cord Injured patients - David Meinbach, Sanjay Razdan, Marcalee Sipski, Angelo Gousse: Neurourology/Urodynamics (April 2003).
· The Schafer Nomogram in Women with Grade IV cystoceles: Is it applicable? - Sanjay Razdan, Angelo E. Gousse: Presented at the AUA annual meeting in Orlando, May 2002.
· The Role of Nerve Growth Factor in Diabetic Bladder Dysfunction using a Streptozotocin rat model - Sanjay Razdan, Robert Kester, Vinata Lokeshwar, Angelo E. Gousse: Presented at the AUA meeting, Chicago, April 2003.
· Vasectomy & Other Methods of Male Birth Control - Sanjay Razdan, Jens Sonksen, Dana A. Ohl: Women's Health, April 1999.
· Partial Cystectomy, Augmentation Cystoplasty, Bladder Flap Procedures - Chapter in Operative Urology, Surgical Skills, Ist ed., 2000, Editors: Krane, Siroky, Fitzpatrick.
- "ABU REPORT" (PDF). American Board of Urology.
This article "Sanjay Razdan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sanjay Razdan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.