Basu's father's name is Amitava Basu. He is a graduate and passed MBA. Basu contested 2009 Indian general election as the candidate of BJP from Purulia (Lok Sabha constituency). He was a candidate in 2019 Indian general election in West Bengal from Basirhat (Lok Sabha constituency) and lost the election to Nusrat Jahan Ruhi by 350,815 votes. On 26 March 2019, at the time of campaign he made a controversial statement.
- "CPI(M) leader Md Salim accuses Sayantan Basu of making derogatory remarks, sends legal notice". Business Standard. October 17, 2019.
- "West Bengal: People who try to capture booths should be shot, says BJP candidate Sayantan Basu". Scroll.in. March 27, 2019.
- "Lok Sabha 2009". Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Election Commission of India, ECI. "General Election 2019 - Election Commission of India". eci.gov.in. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "Turncoats and seasoned leaders on BJP Bengal list". Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Shoot booth capturers in chest: BJP leader's shocker in West Bengal". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Banerjie, Monideepa (27 March 2019). ""Shoot To Kill": Bengal BJP Candidate On How To Tackle Booth-Capturing". ndtv.com. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
|This article about a West Bengal politician is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Sayantan Basu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sayantan Basu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.