Screen Time Parental Control
|File:Screen Time Labs logo.jpg|
|Developer(s)||Screen Time Labs|
|License||Proprietary commercial software|
Screen Time Parental Control is a proprietary licensed mobile device monitoring & parental control software developed by Screen Time Labs. Screen Time Labs is a subsidiary of Awareness Technologies, acquired in 2016. Screen Time Parental Control is compatible with iOS & Android operating systems.
Founded in Bristol, UK and first launched onto the Google Play Store in 2013 Screen Time Parental Control is compatible with iOS & Android operating systems. Screen Time was born out of parental frustration of the increasing distraction mobile devices were creating for children. In 2016 Screen Time Parental Control was made available for Apple devices and released in the App Store.
Screen Time Parental Control works by ‘pairing’ a child device to a management portal accessible via a parent app like mSpy or browser login. Depending on the software specifics, once the child device is paired, the parent then has the ability to setup the following features:
|Daily time limit|
Reception and Criticism
Screen Time has been cited in a number of publications as a useful tool to help parents manage the digital generation, including CNN and The Hartford Courant. In 2019 Screen Time won a ‘National Parenting Product’ Award.
- "Awareness Technologies - Crunchbase". crunchbase.com. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- "Screen Time Labs Ltd: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". bloomberg.com. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- Larson, Selena. "Early iPhone designer calls on Apple to curb tech addiction". cnn.com. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- Pelham, Teresa. "Should Parents Use Spy Apps To Track Our Kids?". courant.com. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- "Screen time Parental Control". nappaawards.com. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
This article "Screen Time Parental Control" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Screen Time Parental Control. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.