|Address||314 Pike Street|
|Location||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
Description and history
The Eagle is the city's oldest leather bar and attracts a "young, fairly mixed" crowd. The venue hosted theme nights such as "Underbear", "Vibrator", and "Western", as of 2003.
The original owners of the bar purchased Le Chateau in 1980, and changed the name to J&L Saloon.
The gay bar was one of eleven in Seattle threatened with ricin in 2009.
In 2010, the bar received a violation for lewd conduct from the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) for showing a video that contained a man's erection. The bar has received "technical assistance" from WSLCB officers screening videos for objectionable content.
Matt Baume of The Stranger wrote, "There is nothing stranger than being at the Eagle during daylight hours—somehow it feels like it should be shrouded in perpetual dark, like a Gotham City where Batman suggestively rubs Burt Ward's package in a shadowy corner. It makes a squeaky noise."
- "The Eagle - Seattle, WA - The Stranger". The Stranger. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Luby, Matt. "Liquor Officers Gone Wild". The Stranger. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- "Plenty of pride in Seattle's gay scene". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Dickey, J. D.; Unterberger, Richie (2003). Seattle. Rough Guides. p. 173. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- Staff, C. H. S. (2015-07-05). "Seattle Gay Scene: A brief history of The Seattle Eagle". CHS Capitol Hill Seattle. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "Despite ricin threat, Seattle gay bars hopping - CNN.com". www.cnn.com. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- Fichman, Michael (2014-05-21). "How Dickslap Saved Seattle". Thump. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- Avery 8/26/2013, Dan. "Detox And Vicky Vox Soar At The Eagle In Seattle: PHOTOS | NewNowNext". www.newnownext.com. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "Every Party, Parade, and Drag Show Your Proud Heart Can Handle". Seattle Weekly. 2017-06-21. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "A Tour of Seattle's 10 Most Intimidating Dive Bars". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved 2018-06-02.
- Baume, Matt. "The Gayest Guide in the World to Seattle's Happy Hours". The Stranger. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
Others articles of the Topic LGBT : Rio de Janeiro Gay New Year's Eve, Massachusetts Area South Asian Lambda Association, April Carrión, William Way LGBT Community Center, Axis Nightclub, Organisations that defend the Catholic Church's official teaching on homosexuality, Michael Hendricks
Others articles of the Topic Seattle : Starbucks Coffee, Have a Heart (dispensary chain)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender topics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Seattle Eagle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Seattle Eagle. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.