Serial Killer (song)
|Song by Lana Del Rey|
"Serial Killer" is an unreleased song recorded by American singer and songwriter Lana Del Rey. It was recorded as one of the first tracks for Del Rey's second studio album, Born to Die (2012) but didn't make the cut. The lyrics and musical composition are attributed to Del Rey and Peter Ibsen. It leaked online on August 9, 2012.
In the summer of 2013, a remixed version of the track was released by Trap Nation, which has garnered over 4 million views on YouTube. The original upload of the leaked song has over 27 million views, while the song has garnered over 70 million combined views across 10 of its unofficial uploads. It was promoted by a number of live performances in 2015 and 2016.
Background and history
"Serial Killer" was originally recognized as a "fan favorite", some of which almost went on to publish campaigns for the track be released onto CD. In August 2012, It was rumored that "Serial Killer" were to appear on the reissue of Born to Die that was to be The Paradise Edition (2012), It leaked on August 9, 2012, along with two other unreleased songs by Del Rey, and Del Rey's rendition of "Ghetto Baby". Because of its positive reception, the media claimed the leaked song was attached to the project.
Del Rey performed "Serial Killer" at The Endless Summer Tour (2015), along with other unreleased songs "You Can Be the Boss" and "Us Against the World". It was also performed live at the Orange Warsaw Festival, Poland (2016), and several other festivals that Lana Del Rey performed at during 2016. She also performed the song during the LA to the Moon Tour (2018).
|Romania (Airplay 100)||94|
- "Lana Del Rey - Serial Killer (K Theory Remix)". YouTube. 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- "Lana Del Rey - Serial Killer - Lyrics". YouTube. 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Nelson, January (2015-02-18). "27 Of The Best Unreleased Lana Del Rey Songs". Thought Catalog. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Trouble, Brent (2012-08-10). "Lana Del Rey: Serial Killer". Kick Kick Snare. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- "Born to Leak: Hear Four Unreleased Lana Del Rey Songs". Spin.com. 2012-08-09. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Mitesh B. (2012-09-05). "Lana Del Rey – Serial Killer". UPC.FM. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- [dead link]
- "Lana Del Rey performs unreleased song 'Serial Killer' live - watch". Nme.com. 2015-05-10. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- "Airplay 100" (in Romanian). Kiss FM. 2012-10-22. Archived from the original on 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2020-11-15. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
This article "Serial Killer (song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Serial Killer (song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.