|🎓 Alma mater||University College London|
Imperial College London
|👩 Spouse(s)||Dheeraj Hinduja|
|👶 Children||Vedika Hinduja and Vedant Hinduja|
Shalini Hinduja (born Shalini Chandiramani) is a businesswoman working on projects for Hinduja Group and Ashok Leyland. In 2017 she was involved in the development of 57 Whitehall Old War Office building, an iconic London landmark which is being developed into a 5-star hotel and residential apartments. She is married to Ashok Leyland Chairman Dheeraj Hinduja, a fellow student at Imperial College London and the current chairman of Ashok Leyland.
After completing her MBA, Shalini joined Citibank as a management trainee in Mumbai. She later joined Matheson Investment Management, an asset management company, part of Jardine Fleming Group. After 1996, Shalini has been a part of the orientation of various Hinduja Group businesses and nonprofit organizations. She was actively involved with the team, conceptualizing Ashok Leyland’s CSR initiative, Road to School. Since April 2015, she has been involved in the redevelopment of the Old War Office. Shalini is a regular attendee at the World Economic Forum. She has participated in FICCI’s course for Women Directors on Board Readiness and is also a member of Aston Martin’s Female Advisory Board.
57 Whitehall Old War Office Building
Shalini is overseeing the restoration of Winston Churchill's iconic Old War Office building at 57 Whitehall, now bought by the Hinduja Group in partnership with OHLD. The building boasts of more than 1,000 rooms and two-and-a-half miles of corridors and is being redeveloped into a five-star hotel and residential apartments. Shalini is involved with design, branding & communication, business development & marketing. The Old War Office Project is a Grade II listed, iconic edifice situated right in the center of London, just moments away from Great Britain’s seat of government, the Houses of Parliament. This grand, architectural gem sits on Whitehall. The building is being redeveloped to create a one-of-a-kind and world-class mixed-use real estate redevelopment over the entire block. This would include a 125-key Grand Hotel facing Whitehall Avenue and 86 residential luxury apartments.
Road To School
Road to School is a CSR initiative by Ashok Leyland in supporting over 150 schools in the farthest parts of Tamil Nadu, India. The program focuses on improving the learning levels of students from Class II to Class VII by providing quality education to the remote Government Schools which are least served by the administrative machinery.
Shalini is a mother of two children, Vedika and Vedant. She has a very keen interest in Art. She is a member of Sotheby’s International Council and also a member of the South Asian Acquisition Committee of Tate Modern.
- "Hinduja Group acquires London's Old War Office building; to redevelop into 5-star hotel". Economic Times. March 2, 2016.
- "CEO's Conference concludes with promises to build cultural capability". Hinduja Group. February 2006.
- "Hinduja Group acquires UK's iconic old war office building". Hinduja Group. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- "Raffles to open hotel in London's Old War Office". Financial Times. June 14, 2017. Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- "Ashok Leyland adopts 45 government schools". Times of India. July 14, 2017.
- "Ashok Leyland expands 'Road To School' CSR project to 45 schools in Namakkal". Autocar Professional. July 14, 2017.
- Hinduja, Dheeraj (May 20, 2005). "Take A Look At Me Now". Economic Times.
- "Board of Directors | Sotheby's". Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- "Tate Report 2015/16". Page 92: 94. 2016.
This article "Shalini Hinduja" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.