|Born||23 January 1976|
Sheffield South Yorkshire, England
|Genres||Observational humour, Self-deprecation|
Sheraz Yousaf (Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Unicode data' not found.; born 23 January 1976) is an English stand-up comedian of Pakistani descent.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Stand-up career[edit | edit source]
In June 2012, Yousaf became a stand-up comedian and has been performing since then. He secured an agent in 2014, subsequently leaving them in June 2015.
He is based in London and has performed all over the UK including venues in London, and also spent time abroad in Los Angeles and San Diego. During his time on the comedy circuit, he has performed in clubs such as Jongleurs, The Comedy Store, Downstairs at the King's Head, Bearcat, Laughing Horse, Backyard Comedy and Soho Comedy. He has also been filmed for the "Laugh Out Loud" show on BritAsia TV and, more recently, on the BBC Asian Network comedy show in January 2016.
Every six weeks he performs his one-hour show, The Pursuit of Manly-ness, at a London venue. In February 2015, he performed at the first annual Moseley Comedy Festival at The Dark Horse Pub. In February 2016, he performed at the Dave Leicester Comedy Festival. In May 2016, he performed three nights at the Brighton Fringe Festival.
Yousaf is an MC, and a large part of his stage time is spent freestyling. He had a career in personal training, and as a hobby speeds around Spanish racetracks on a motorbike and was also the breakfast radio host on Buzz FM. During the day he works as an office and home-based IT contract worker.
Comedy style[edit | edit source]
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Yousaf lives in Richmond, London.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sheraz Yousaf: (Slowly) Rising Comedian – 5 minutes Los Angeles Feb 2014". Sheraz Yousaf. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Morton, Helen (26 February 2015). "Tadley comic Sheraz Yousaf to perform in Basingstoke tomorrow". Basingstoke Gazette. Basingstoke. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Comedian Sheraz Yousaf in Plymouth: 'I compered at the B Bar before and now I'm opening the gig!'". The Herald. Plymouth. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Comedian's guided tour of Shenstone ahead of charity gig". LichfieldLive. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Sheraz Yuousaf". Comedy CV. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Laws, Roz (22 January 2016). "BBC Asian Network at Watford Palace Theatre". Birmingham Mail. Watford. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Laws, Roz (3 February 2015). "Moseley Comedy Festival promises four days of top comedy from this weekend". Birmingham Mail. Basingstoke. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- "Sheraz Yousaf – Super Slouch". Time Out. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
[edit | edit source]
|This article about a British comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Sheraz Yousaf" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Sheraz Yousaf/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.