Sherlock Holmes 3
|Sherlock Holmes 3|
|Directed by||Dexter Fletcher|
|Produced by||Susan Downey|
|Screenplay by||Chris Brancato|
|Based on||Sherlock Holmes|
by Arthur Conan Doyle
|Starring||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Cast[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
In January 2012, Guy Ritchie confirmed he was returning to direct a third instalment of the series, and hoped to base the film's production in Los Angeles. By December, a year after the previous film, producer Dan Lin referred to a third film as a "high priority", with Drew Pearce set to write the screenplay. Lin also stated that production had to wait for star Robert Downey Jr. to finish Iron Man 3 before production could commence. Jude Law stated in Novemeber 2013 that despite meeting to discuss the film with Ritchie and Downey earlier in the year, it had yet to receive a greenlight from Warner Bros.
In April 2016, Downey announced he was hoping to film the sequel later in the year, with James Coyne announced to be rewriting the screenplay. Filming was eyed to begin that autumn, with producer Joel Silver claiming this could be one of several new sequels. In October, a writer's room consisting of Kieran Fitzgerald, Justin Malen, Nicole Perlman and Gary Whitta was assembled to write the film's screenplay. The film missed it's autumn 2016 filming start, and by August 2017, Geneva Robertson-Dworet was working on the script.
In May 2018, Narcos creator Chris Brancato was hired as the new screenwriter for the film, with Ritchie's involvement uncertain as no director was set to direct. Law described a theme of the film as being how Holmes and Watson having not seen one another in some time.
In March 2019, the film was reported to be set for a January 2020 filming start, and would be set in turn of the century San Francisco. In July, Dexter Fletcher was announced as in negotiations to serve as director, with Ritchie officially not returning in that capacity.
Filming[edit | edit source]
Release[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Sperling, Daniel (January 27, 2012). "Guy Ritchie 'signs for Sherlock Holmes 3'". Digital Spy.
- Chitwood, Adam (December 17, 2012). "Producer Dan Lin Gives Update on SHERLOCK HOLMES 3; Says They're Waiting on the Script".
- Dibdin, Emma (November 4, 2013). "Jude Law hopeful for Sherlock Holmes 3". Digital Spy.
- Heath, Paul. "'Sherlock Holmes 3' will shoot this year, says Robert Downey Jr - THN".
- Hipes, Patrick; Hipes, Patrick (April 25, 2016). "James Coyne On The Case To Pen 'Sherlock Holmes 3'".
- "Sherlock Holmes 3 May Shoot This Fall, More Sequels Are Likely". /Film. May 19, 2016.
- "RDJ's Sherlock Holmes 3 Gets New Writers". /Film. October 27, 2016.
- "Marvel Hires TOMB RAIDER Reboot Writer To Work on CAPTAIN MARVEL Script". GeekTyrant.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (May 7, 2018). "Warner Bros. Dates 'Sherlock Holmes 3' For Christmas 2020". Deadline. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "'Sherlock Holmes 3' Sets Christmas 2020 Release Date". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Jude Law drops 'Sherlock Holmes 3' story hint". EW.com.
- ‘Sherlock Holmes 3’ Aiming to Begin Filming January 2020; Setting May Be Old West Era San Francisco
- Dexter Fletcher In Talks To Direct ‘Sherlock Holmes 3’ For Warner Bros.
- ‘Sherlock Holmes 3’ & ‘Purge 5’ Among 10 Features Bestowed Big Bucks From California Tax Credits
- Pedersen, Erik (4 March 2019). "'Sherlock Holmes 3' Moved Back By A Year To Christmas 2021". Variety. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Sherlock Holmes 3" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sherlock Holmes 3. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.