|Limited Liability Partnership|
|Founded 📆||New York City (1976)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||New York City|
Area served 🗺️
|Partners: Amnon Shiboleth, Oren Heiman, Alon Harnoy, Sasha (Alexander) Bau, Moty Ben Yona|
|Products 📟||Legal advice|
Number of employees
|25 in NY office|
|🌐 Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Shiboleth LLP was a boutique law firm based in midtown Manhattan, in New York City, with an active international practice. The firm practiced in the areas of corporate, litigation, real estate, high-tech and Intellectual Property (IP). It was active in New York from 1976, and merged with the Heiman Law Group in 2006, creating the largest Israeli-based law firm in North America. The firm's Israeli affiliate was Shibolet & Co. which is a top-tier law firm in Israel,
During 2020 several of its attorneys moved to Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP.
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Tax, Trust and Estates
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy
- Amnon Shiboleth
Amnon Shiboleth is one of the founders and the senior partner of the firm. He established the firm in New York office in 1976. He led the first "meaningful" law firm merger in Israel, when a law firm office led by him and Richard Roberts was merged with the law firm of Yisraeli Zisman. In 2008 he was selected as one of the most successful Israeli lawyers in the U.S. by The Marker, a financial publication in Israel. He is involved as a lawyer or a principal in numerous international and domestic business ventures. He is the chairman of the board of Blue City, one of the largest shopping malls in Poland, and was the chairman of the board of Millennium Plaza, a luxury office building in Warsaw, Poland. He is a board member of companies in various jurisdictions such as the Netherlands (primarily financial and legal entities); Portugal (primarily financial and tourism entities); Hungary and Switzerland (primarily holding investment entities); as well as other locations, and represents interests of shareholders and beneficial owners in several countries.
- Oren Heiman
Oren Heiman is a partner at thefirm . His practice focuses on commercial law, including corporate, mergers & acquisitions, corporate financing, contracts, intellectual property; litigation and commercial real estate. Beside his role as a partner at Shiboleth, Heiman is involved in the Israeli business community in New York and is a founder, supporting member, executive or board member in over a dozen organizations including Elem, American Friends of Rabin Medical Center, Israeli Business Circles, Dor Chadash, New Israel Fund, Israeli Venture Network, American-Israeli Chamber of Commerce, Larger than Life (the Israeli 'Make a Wish' foundation), Tel Aviv Alumni and the American Friends of the Israeli Opera. Heiman is regularly invited to lecture at conventions, gives interviews about his practice as an attorney in New York and writes about legal matters and how to combine business and philanthropy.
- Alon Harnoy
Alon Harnoy is the managing partner at the firm. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, commercial and corporate finance transactions, equity and venture capital investments, secured and unsecured finance transactions, joint ventures as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
- Sasha (Alexander) Bau
Alexander "Sasha" Bau is a partner at the firm. Bau's practice encompasses corporate, real estate and intellectual property legal fields, including litigation in such fields. Sasha represents clients in a multitude of corporate and finance matters, including commercial real estate investments, contracts, as well as a wide variety of regulatory compliance and administrative law matters.
- Moty Ben Yona
Moty Ben Yona is a partner at the firm. BenYona represents clients in a broad range of business and commercial transactions, with a concentration on Venture Capital and Hi-Tech transactions, Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, commercial and corporate finance transactions, and general corporate representation. He serves domestic and foreign clients, including multinational corporations, private equity funds, real estate investment companies, venture lending funds, emerging companies, entrepreneurs as well as other private companies and individuals.
- 1976 – Shiboleth LLP is established in New York.
- 2006 – Shiboleth LLP merges with Heiman Law Group, becoming Shiboleth LLP, and moves to One Penn Plaza.
- Grayeff, Yigal (January 13, 2006). "Largest Israel-focused law firms in US merge". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Shibolet & Co". Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Shibolet & Co". Dun's 100 Israel's Largest Enterprises 2008. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Shibolet & Co". IFLR1000. Retrieved July 16, 2009.
- "Smith, Gambrell & Russell Welcomes Seven Attorneys to Israeli, Corporate, Real Estate, and Litigation Practices in New York Office", January 6, 2020
- Rot, Nurit (September 10, 2007). לא קל לסחוב שם כמו שבלת, ישראלי, רוברטס, זיסמן ושות'& משה צ. נאמן, בן-ארצי ושות' - השותפים החליטו לקצר [It isn't easy to carry a name like Shibolet, Israel, Roberts, Zisman & Co. Moshe H. Ne'eman, Ben-Artzi & Co. - publishers decided to shorten]. The Marker (in עברית). Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Shiboleth". Retrieved August 25, 2014. New York website.
- Sharvit, Noam (December 11, 2007). משרד שבלת, רוברטס, ישראלי, זיסמן ושות', ממזג לתוכו את משרד הנישה י. עמיהוד בן-פורת [Shiboleth, Israeli Zisman and partners merges with the law office of Amihud-Ben Porat] (in עברית). Retrieved July 17, 2009.
- המשפטנים הישראלים שמצליחים באמריקה [The Most Successful Israeli Lawyers in America] (in Hebrew). Walla. 29 February 2008. Retrieved July 16, 2009.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Amnon Shiboleth". Shiboleth. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Oren Heiman". Shiboleth. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- Handerweker, Chaim. ניו יורק טובה לרזומה [New York good for resume]. Haaretz (in עברית). Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Alon Harnoy". Shiboleth. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Sasha (Alexander) Bau". Shiboleth. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Moty Ben Yona". Shiboleth. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- Sharvit, Noam (March 28, 2006). איחוד כוחות של עורכי-דין ישראליים בארה"ב: מיזוג בין משרדי שבלת והיימן [A merger between the law firm Shiboleth and the Heiman law group] (in עברית). Retrieved July 31, 2009.
This article "Shiboleth LLP" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Shiboleth LLP. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.