|Birth name||Sara Elizabeth Mitchell|
|Also known as|
|Born||July 28, 1988|
Long Island, New York City
|Origin||New York State|
|Genres||Hip hop, pop, moombahton|
Sara Elizabeth Mitchell (born July 28, 1988), better known by her stage name Sirah // is an American hip hop recording artist based in Los Angeles. She collaborated with Skrillex, on "WEEKENDS!!!", "Kyoto" and the hit single "Bangarang".
Mitchell was born on Long Island, to a bluesman and an artist. Her youth included poverty, homelessness and alcoholism. She was repeatedly caught creating graffiti; she stopped after being arrested for it. She moved to Washington with her father at age six, but after he died of an overdose, she ended up returning to New York. There, she was arrested several times and eventually absconded to Los Angeles rather than be placed in foster care at age fifteen. For a while, she considered Union Station her home before purchasing a Jeep Cherokee and living in it in a garage in East Los Angeles; in an interview, she stated that she lived out of her car and felt safe in doing so.
After moving to Los Angeles, she booked her own tours in such countries as Germany and Romania, sleeping on floors and collecting money from fans. Her first EP, Clean Windows Dirty Floors, was produced by DJ Hoppa. Her first LP, Smile You Have Teeth, was never released. Prior to its intended release, Mitchell's manager sent her a contract demanding $30,000 from the LP's proceeds. She subsequently decided to abandon the album and start anew.
Mitchell met Skrillex after she was contacted by him on MySpace, commending her work and requesting that they work together. The first track, WEEKENDS!!! was the result of Skrillex asking her to rap into his laptop the lyrics she was working on. Their second collaboration, "Bangarang", happened after he called her while he was on tour and asked her to record 16 bars about the Lost Boys. She forgot to close the window before recording it, and thus birds are audible in the recording. Mitchell has also released a mixtape, C.U.L.T.: Too Young to Die. After that she released another EP, Inhale.
At the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, Mitchell and Skrillex won the award for Best Dance Recording for their collaboration Bangarang. It is Mitchell's first Grammy win.
Mitchell is influenced by Joni Mitchell, Big Pun, WHY?, Qwel, Black Thought, Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Jewel, and Cat Stevens.
|Broken Complex (with Broken Complex)||
|C.U.L.T.: Too Young to Die||
|2007||Clean Windows Dirty Floors (with DJ Hoppa)||Broken Complex|
|2013||Inhale||Pulse Recordings / Atlantic Records|
|2011||"God's Grace (with DJ Hoppa)"||Broken Complex|
|2017||"Deadbeat (Feat.Skrillex)"||Atlantic Records|
|2017||"Say My Name"||Orange Coyote Records|
|2019||"Room"||Money Over Beaches|
|2010||"WEEKENDS!!!" (Skrillex featuring Sirah)||My Name Is Skrillex||Big Beat|
|2011||"Kyoto" (Skrillex featuring Sirah)||Bangarang||OWSLA / Big Beat Records|
|2011||"Bangarang" (Skrillex featuring Sirah)||OWSLA / Big Beat Records|
|2012||"Survival" (Alvin Risk featuring Sirah)||Infinity||Ministry of Sound|
|2013||"Speakerbox" (The Juggernaut featuring Sirah)||TBA||TBA|
|2014||"Lilies" (Lupe Fiasco featuring Sirah)||Lost in the Atlantic||TBA|
|2015||"Visionary" (Rain Man featuring Sirah)||TBA||Buygore Records|
|2015||"Waitin for You" (Demi Lovato featuring Sirah)||Confident||Island, Safehouse and Hollywood Records|
|2015||"Memories" (KSHMR & Bassjackers featuring Sirah)||Single Release||Spinnin' Records|
|2015||"Hotel Confidential" (Max Schneider featuring Sirah)||Ms. Anonymous||DCD2 Records|
|2016||"Mug Shot" (Max Schneider featuring Sirah)||Hell's Kitchen Angel||DCD2 Records|
|2016||"Stop Me" (Wiwek featuring Sirah)||The Free & Rebellious – EP||OWSLA|
|2017||"Daddy" (Born Dirty featuring Sirah)||HOWSLA – Compilation||OWSLA|
|2017||"Deadbeat" (Sirah featuring Skrillex)||Deadbeat||OWSLA / Big Beat Records|
|2018||"Text Me Back" (TQX featuring KOOL a.D & Sirah)||Text Me Back||Barney McAll|
|2018||"Bonkers" (Snails & Sirah)||SLIMEAGEDDON||SLUGZ MUSIC|
- Skrillex (December 23, 2011). Bangarang (inlay). OWSLA.
- "Sirah". Facebook. Retrieved April 25, 2013.[non-primary source needed]
- Rebecca Haithcoat (September 14, 2011). "Sirah: Your New Favorite Female Rapper Indie Pop Princess". LA Weekly. Archived from the original on August 2, 2018. Unknown parameter
- "SXSW 2013: A surprise in Azari & III, a potential local star in Sirah and a major misstep by Icona Pop". Los Angeles Times.
- "Mighty Mike". Pulse Recording. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- "HC Exclusive: Interview with Female Rapper, Sirah". Her Campus.
- "Exclusive Q&A with Female Rapper Sirah on Lana's Land's Blog". buzznet.com.
- "INTERVIEW: Sirah Talks 'Cult'; Explains How She Recorded Vocals for Skrillex's 'Bangarang'". ralphieaversa.com.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- Article on Sirah, from Thesource.com
- "Downtown Music Services". Downtown Music Services. n.d. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Ali, Reyan (n.d.). "Salt Lake City Music – Music Articles: Sirah". Cityweekly.net. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Sira One & DJ Hoppa Present: Clean Windows Dirty Floors – Sirah One,Sirah & DJ Hoppa | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. November 27, 2007. Retrieved April 3, 2014.
- "Sirah: Rap, EDM and "Fun Dip" | Life+Times". Lifeandtimes.com. n.d. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "INTERVIEW: Sirah Talks 'Cult'; Explains How She Recorded Vocals for Skrillex's 'Bangarang'". ralphieaversa.com. April 12, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Sirah's 'Inhale' EP: Exclusive Premiere". Billboard. n.d. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
- "Resurrection Mix by THE_JUGGERNAUT on SoundCloud". SoundCloud. April 8, 2013.