|Industry||Betting and gaming|
|Founder 👔||Jason Trost and Hunter Morris|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Smarkets operates a transparent salary policy whereby employees can view the salaries of all of their peers, including the company CEO, on an internal wiki page. The company also has a self-set salary policy, which allows employees to decide their own salary as often as every six months by entering into a peer-reviewed process at designated times during the year. 
Smarkets became Queens Park Rangers F.C.'s front-of-shirt sponsor in June 2016. In January 2018, the company announced that it was partnering with The Jockey Club, sponsoring 35 race days in the 2018 calendar.
Smarkets was named the City A.M. Leap 100 Company of the Year for 2017. and came second in the 2017 Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
The company reported that it had taken £2.7bn of bets and profits of £13.7m in 2016.
In 2016 the Company said it was considering a US stock market float.
- Donata Huggins (2010-10-07). "The surest bet for business success". City AM. London. p. 30. Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- "Diary:Ken Backs out of Press gang". The Independent. 2011-01-28. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Hasan, Mehdi (21 February 2011). "Gove's reverse Midas touch- everything he touches turns to dust". New Statesman: 16. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Francesca Washtell (2016-10-10). "Donald fails to trump Hillary as Clinton storms ahead in betting polls". City AM. London. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "The London company allowing employees to decide your pay". BBC News. 2018-05-08.
- "Large firms to justify 'fat-cat' pay". Sky News. 2018-06-10.
- Rosie Scammell (2018-04-01). "London firm revamps pay by letting staff set salaries". AFP.
- Sophie Jarvis (2017-10-18). "The founder of Smarkets is turning workplace hierarchies upside down". City A.M.
- "Smarkets confirmed as new shirt sponsors". 7 June 2016. Archived from the original on 8 June 2016. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Chris Wright (2018-01-05). "Smarkets to sponsors 35 racing fixtures including at Aintree and Haydock". The Liverpool Echo.
- "Smarkets wins 'The Leap 100 Company of the Year' at City A.M. Awards 2017". 2017-11-10. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- Alys Key (2017-07-13). "Smarkets betting exchange more than doubles profits in year of political betting". City AM. London. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- Russell Lynch (2016-01-18). "QPR sponsor Smarkets considering a US stock market float". The Evening Standard.
This article "Smarkets" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Smarkets. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.