Number of locations
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Parent||Motion Global Limited|
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group is a Hong Kong based private multinational designer eyewear e-retailer. The group specialises in designer brand eyewear; eyeglasses, sunglasses and contact lenses. The company has e-commerce websites in over 30 countries and in 15 languages. The group carries over 80,000 eyewear products from over 180 designer brands.
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group was founded in 2006 as VisionDirect.com.au. Later in 2008, it was incorporated as SmartBuyGlasses in Hong Kong as a Global E-commerce retailer and operates through websites in more than 30 countries across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas. SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group was co-founded by Tony Zhuang, David Menning, and Doron Kalinko. The company also operates an outlet store in Kennedy Town, Hong Kong. In 2018 the group partnered with Chester Eyewear, an Australian retail store operator to develop their omni-channel and retail presence through a flagship optical store in Melbourne Australia.
In 2016, the SmartBuyGlasses partnered with Sightsavers to support the Million Miracle's appeal to fund a million sight-saving cataract operations in some of the poorest parts of the world.
- "Building A Business On Profits Alone - Brand Quarterly". Brand Quarterly. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- "Building A Business On Profits Alone". Brand Quarterly. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "Using Local Alternative Payment Methods to Drive International Expansion" (PDF). cdn.ingenico.com.
- e-retailer, Motion Global is a leading global designer eyewear; Sunglasses, Offering; Eyewear, Sports; More, conta Read. "SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group | ZoomInfo.com". ZoomInfo. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "SmartBuyGlasses Review 2017 - Pros, Cons & More". Comparakeet. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group". angel.co. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "Online retailer with 80,000 frame catalogue establishes flagship store". insightnews.com.au. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "Vision Direct to open flagship bricks-and-mortar store". Internet Retailing. 13 April 2018. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "SmartBuyGlasses partners with Sightsavers | News". Sightsavers. 1 April 2016.
This article "SmartBuyGlasses" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:SmartBuyGlasses. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.