|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Social media management|
|Founded||Chicago, IL (2010)|
|Headquarters||Citadel Center 131 S. Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60603|
Social Media Management|
Social Media Marketing
Social Customer Service
Social Media Analytics
Social Media Listening
|Users||More than 24,000 |
Sprout Social makes social media management, advocacy and analytics software for businesses.
Sprout’s platform offers users the ability to integrate with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Zendesk, UserVoice, Feedly and Google Analytics. Bambu by Sprout Social, launched in August 2015, is a social media employee advocacy platform that enables organizations to curate content so that their employees can read and share it across social networks.
Sprout Social was founded in 2010 by Justyn Howard, Aaron Rankin, Gil Lara and Peter Soung.
History[edit | edit source]
In late 2009, Sprout Social CEO Justyn Howard was employed at an enterprise software company and was looking for a tool that would help him use social media to communicate with consumers. He found that the current solutions in the market focused on consumers and lacked the business layer that would make social media work for brands. Therefore, he decided to build a solution to that problem and worked with current Sprout CTO Aaron Rankin, current Chief Creative Officer Gil Lara and current Director of Web and Mobile Engineering, Peter Soung to do it.
Sprout Social, Inc. was founded in April 2010. The company has raised a total of $60 million, including an initial $1 million in 2010 from Lightbank, a Series B round of funding that brought in an additional $10 million from New Enterprise Associates (NEA) in February 2011, and a Series C round that raised $42 million from Goldman Sachs’ Merchant Banking Division and NEA.
In November 2011, Sprout launched S2, the second edition of the platform which is basis of the current model. This edition included personalized dashboards tailored to each user’s specific social media responsibilities, multi-user support, iPhone functionality, several integration options for strategic partners and other features.
In April 2015, Sprout launched in-app support of Spanish and Portuguese languages.
In August 2015, Sprout launched Bambu by Sprout Social, a social media advocacy platform for employees. Bambu enables organizations to curate selected content that employees can read and share using their personal LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook profiles.
In March 2016, Sprout launched Landscape by Sprout Social, a free tool that resizes images for seven different social networks as well as for custom dimensions.
In December 2017, Sprout acquired social media analytics firm Simply Measured, providing new reporting capabilities including social media listening, as well as access to additional social platforms like YouTube and Pinterest.
Services & Integrations[edit | edit source]
Available via web browser, iOS and Android apps, Sprout Social’s namesake engagement platform is a web-based application that provides users the ability to manage multiple social profiles across a variety of social media networks from a single interface. Sprout Social offers two products: Sprout Social and Bambu, an employee advocacy platform.
The Sprout Social platform’s key features include the Sprout Queue content scheduling system and patented ViralPost technology for determining the optimal post time, the Smart Inbox, a unified stream of all incoming messages across social networks, and an analytics suite which provides reporting across social networks.
Sprout's products integrate with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+. In November 2015, Sprout partnered with Twitter for its relaunch of the Twitter Official Partner Program. 
Reception[edit | edit source]
Sprout Social has appeared in the Inc. 500 (2015), Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 (2015), LinkedIn's Top 50 Startups (2017), in G2 Crowd's Best Software companies (2018), and received a Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year - Computer Software - 100 or More Employees (2018).
Sprout has been recognized as one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work (2017, 2018) and the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces (2015-2017). CEO Justyn Howard has been named to Glassdoor's Top CEOs - Employees' Choice list for Small & Medium Businesses (2017 - No. 1, 2018 - No. 3).
References[edit | edit source]
- "Introducing Sprout Social in Spanish & Portuguese". Sprout Social. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Working at Sprout Social". Glassdoor. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- . MarTech Advisor. Retrieved on 2016-13-06.
- Justyn Howard of Sprout Social is on Crain's Chicago 40 Under 40 2014 list. Chicagobusiness.com. Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- Interview with Sprout Social founder Justyn Howard. DoesWhat (2013-04-22). Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- Sprout Social Gets $10 Million From NEA – Digits – WSJ. Blogs.wsj.com (2011-02-22). Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- Sprout Social snags new funding, continues to shake up social media management. Thenextweb.com (2011-02-23). Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- Sprout Social launches giant new edition of its social media toolkit. Thenextweb.com (2011-11-09). Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- Sprout Social Releases New S2 Edition of Social Media Management Platform. Business Wire (2011-11-09). Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- Subscription Center. ChicagoBusiness.com. Retrieved on 2015-05-18.
- . Sprout Social. Retrieved on 2016-06-14.
- . Marketing Land. Retrieved on 2016-13-06.
- "Sprout Social buys a data analytics firm". Chicago Business. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Sprout Social Acquires Social Analytics Leader Simply Measured". Business Wire. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Bambu". Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Google Patents". Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Having Already Wooed Facebook, Sprout Social Now Gets Twitter Love, Too". Fast Company. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Sprout Social introduces Instagram integration to its platform". The Next Web. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Start Publishing to Your LinkedIn Company Pages from Sprout". Sprout Social. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Sprout Social Introduces Google+ Pages API Integration". Business Wire. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- With Customer Care, Twitter Wants To Sharpen Its Profile As A Platform To Do Business. TechCrunch.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Inc". Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500 Ranking" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "LinkedIn Top Companies". LinkedIn. Retrieved 15 October 2018. Text " Startups: The 50 industry disruptors you need to know now " ignored (help)
- "2018 Best Software Companies". G2 Crowd. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Stevie Awards 2018". Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "2015 Top Workplaces". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Workplaces Top Workplaces 2016: Search Chicago-area companies". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Top Workplaces 2017: Search Chicago-area companies". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
[edit | edit source]
Category:Social media companies Category:Twitter services and applications Category:Social software Category:2010 software Category:Companies established in 2010 Category:Software companies based in Illinois
This article "Sprout Social" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Sprout Social/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.