Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
St. Charles City Streetcar
|St. Charles City Streetcar|
|Locale||St. Charles, Missouri|
|Operator(s)||St. Charles Area Transit|
|Line length||10-mile (16 km)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The St. Charles City Streetcar is a proposed new heritage streetcar line to be built connecting the New Town, Missouri residential development to the nearby city of St. Charles. This is a joint effort between Whittaker Builders, Inc, and the City of St. Charles and St. Charles Area Transit. A minimum of nine vintage PCC streetcars have been purchased from the San Francisco area by Whittaker Builders for use and spare parts (not to be confused with cable cars).
The project has since stalled and in 2012 the streetcars purchased by Whittaker Builders were were scrapped following a fire. Wittaker, a developer of the New Town project and principal partner with the city on the streetcar project, has since gone bankrupt.
Proposed route description
The main route will have a trackage of 8-mile (13 km) from the new urban development New Town St. Charles to the Missouri riverfront area and the historic main street of St. Charles, Missouri. It will connect up to five major stops including the St. Charles Convention Center and the Family Arena venue. A segment to the Lindenwood University campus was also proposed, bringing the total trackage proposal to 10-mile (16 km) at the cost of $36 million.
- Delmar Loop Trolley, a plan to restore streetcar service in the University City Loop, a St. Louis suburb
- Streetcars in St. Louis, the history of streetcars in St. Louis, Missouri going back to the 19th century
- "New Town Saint Charles". DPZ Partners LLC. 2016. Retrieved Feb 27, 2019.
- Kaatmann, Rachel (Jun 6, 2007). "Trolley cars arrive". St. Louis Post Dispatch. Retrieved Feb 27, 2019.
- "Lost Streetcars of San Francisco, Now Lost in Missouri". San Francisco Market Street Railway. March 31, 2010. Retrieved Feb 27, 2019.
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This St. Charles County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "St. Charles City Streetcar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:St. Charles City Streetcar. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.