Steven S. Biss
|Steven S. Biss|
|🏫 Education||Princeton University; University of Richmond School of Law|
Steven S. Biss is a Canadian-American lawyer known for his lawsuits against media and technology companies. His law practice is based in Richmond and Charlottesville, Virginia. His clients have included U.S. Representative Devin Nunes and relatives of Gen. Michael T. Flynn.
Early life and education
Biss played on the soccer and hockey teams at Princeton University. He earned his J.D. in 1991 at University of Richmond School of Law.
Biss has represented Nunes, a Republican congressman from California, in defamation lawsuits against news companies, Twitter and critics on social media. Some termed the lawsuits Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (SLAPP) that cost the defendants time, money and energy but are unlikely to succeed in court. Nunes' and Biss' unsuccessful lawsuit against Twitter sought to identify who wrote the parody accounts "Devin Nunes' Cow" and "Devin Nunes' Mom".
Biss represented DJ Lincoln Enterprises, a web portal operator, in an unsuccessful lawsuit against Google that alleged viewpoint discrimination.
In his legal practice Biss has also defended people accused of fraud, and has handled trademark infringement complaints.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Hall, Kevin G. (January 30, 2020). "Unpaid bills and legal discipline: Devin Nunes' lawyer questioned over ethics in complaints". The Fresno Bee. Unknown parameter
- ↑ "Michael Flynn's family members file $75M lawsuit against CNN over QAnon video". Salon. 2021-03-26. Retrieved 2021-03-27.
- ↑ "Steven Scott Biss Profile | Charlottesville, VA Lawyer | Martindale.com". www.martindale.com. Retrieved 2021-10-29.
- ↑ Stracqualursi, Veronica. "Lieu tells Nunes to 'shove it' after Republican colleague threatens lawsuit". CNN. Retrieved 2021-05-28. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Chiu, Allyson (March 20, 2019). "'This was an orchestrated effort': Devin Nunes sues Twitter, 'Devin Nunes' cow' for defamation". The Washington Post.
- ↑ Irby, Kate (April 1, 2021). "Judge tosses Devin Nunes' lawsuit against Trump research firm Fusion GPS, again". The Fresno Bee.
- ↑ Irby, Kate (April 2, 2021). "Senior aide to Rep. Devin Nunes and attorney face court sanctions in CNN lawsuit". The Fresno Bee.
- ↑ "Devin Nunes Can't Sue Washington Post in Virginia, Judge Rules | Washingtonian (DC)". Washingtonian. 2020-05-26. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- ↑ Biasotti, Tony (April 12, 2019). "The real costs of Devin Nunes's defamation lawsuit". Columbia Journalism Review. Retrieved 2021-03-27. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Lee, Timothy B. (2019-03-19). "Devin Nunes' ludicrous $250 million lawsuit against Twitter, explained". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2021-03-27.
- ↑ Moreno, J. Edward (2020-06-12). "Nunes's hunt for Twitter cow's identity at 'dead end,' attorney says". TheHill. Retrieved 2021-03-27.
- ↑ Irby, Kate (February 6, 2021). "Devin Nunes sued Twitter and an internet cow 2 years ago. Where do his 9 lawsuits stand now?". The Fresno Bee. Unknown parameter
- ↑ "Judge Says Google Should Get Atty Fees In $90M RICO Win - Law360". www.law360.com. Retrieved 2022-08-21.
- ↑ "Law.com Radar". www.law.com. Retrieved 2022-08-21.
This article "Steven S. Biss" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Steven S. Biss. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.