Suraj Water Park
|Suraj Water Park|
|File:Logo of Suraj Water Park.jpg|
|Slogan||Come 'N' Feel the Thrill|
|Location||Ghodbunder Highway, Thane, India|
|Owner||Muchhala Magic Land Private Ltd|
|General Manager||Laxman Katti|
|Opened||28 May 1998|
|Pools||Nanha Tal, Wave Pool pools|
|Water slides||Har Har Ganga, Dhadkan Sab ke Dil ki, Ding-Dong, Labak and Zabak, Sing-a-Song, Shiv Ganga, Rim-Zim Baarish Hall and Rainbow Slides water slides|
Suraj Water Park is owned and developed by Arunkumar Muchhala – Chairman of Muchhala Magic Land Pvt. Ltd. This water park is designed by White Water West Industries of Canada. The water park holds six Limca Book of Records namely for longest tunnel in Asia using fiber technology, collection of more than 1600 ancient locks in its museum, rainbow slide which opens into 16 slides, Asia’s biggest man-made waterfall – ‘Har Har Ganga’ and man-made village, Surajgadh.
The park is located at Ghodbunder Highway, Thane (W), Dongripada, Thane West, Thane, Maharashtra 400615 Ghodbunder Road 7 kilometers away from Thane railway station and 15 kilometers away from Borivili.
The water park has a number of rides including 'Nanha Tal' slide for children,' Har Har Ganga', 'Dhadkan Sab Ke Dil Ki', 'Rim-Zim Baarish Hall', 'Ding-Dong', 'Labak and Zabak', 'Sing-a-Song', 'Shiv Ganga Slide', 'Wave Pool' and 'Rainbow Slide'. Fiber Glass Cave is 103 feet long largest man-made fiber glass cave of Asia.
The water park has its own open lawn themed like a village called 'Suraj Gadh' which regularly hosts weddings and parties. Also, they have other open spaces like 'Sai Garden' & 'Sai Kutir' which are ideal for destination wedding, birthday parties etc. They also have a 'Amphitheater' where in one can host a movie/drama night with their family & friends.The 'Haveli' is a fully air-conditioned banquet ideal for pre-wedding funstions, business meetings etc. Suraj Water Park has a museum of locks which showcases more than 1600 ancient locks for which it holds Limca record. The water park has also hosted video shoots for Indian movies.
Awards & recognition
- Entry in Limca book of records – 2006
- International Golden Pony Award – 2005
- Resort of the Year – 2001
- Pride of Maharashtra, Department of Tourism Maharashtra – 1999
- "15 years of success". Mid Day. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "वीकेंड मस्तीः Splash वाटर पार्क का लें मजा". AajTak. 5 July 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "About: Suraj Water Park". Suraj Water Park. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Suraj Water Park". Mumbai. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Suraj Water Park". Suraj Water Park. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Amusement Parks in Mumbai". Maps of Mumbai. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Ghadi, Shubhangi (4 March 2010). "Big fat Indian weddings in Thane". DNA Syndication. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Suraj Water Park Mumbai". www.mumbai.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Suraj Water Park". Maps of India. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "फिल्म हैपी न्यू ईयर की शूटिंग के दौरान शाहरुख खान को लगी चोट". A2Z News. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Awards | Arun Muchhala Group". www.arunmuchhalagroup.com. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Suraj Water Park receives Resort of the Year 2001 award". Finance Today. Mumbai. 2 June 2012.
- "Suraj Water Park receives "Resort of the Year 2001" award". Good Day. Navi Mumbai. 14 July 2002.
- "Suraj Water Park makes waves". Mid-Day. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
This article "Suraj Water Park" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Suraj Water Park. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.