Sybil Gibson Higley
|Sybil Gibson Higley|
December 31, 1938
|💀Died||July 28, 2010 (aged 71)|
Fruitland, IdahoJuly 28, 2010 (aged 71)
💵 Salary :
|👩 Spouse(s)||Grant Dee Higley|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Alfred Willard Gibson and|
|👪 Relatives||Jack Randolph Hutchins|
Sybil Gibson Higley (December 31, 1938 - July 28, 2010) was an American genealogist and author known for her contributions in genealogy and for starting and heading two different genealogical centers.
Higley was the author of The Descendants of James Hutchins and Susannah Beavers, and the author of The Descendants of James Turpin and Nancy Ann Tatum of Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia , and Utah. Both books are held by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Family History Library (though, they have also been distributed as far as the National Library of Australia).
Higley set up and directed The Ontario Family History Center for ten years. She, subsequently, set up and was director of The Fruitland Family History Center for ten years as well. She was known as "The Breaker of Brick Walls" in genealogy while working at these centers.
The Malheur County Cemetery Records in Oregon (in their entirety) were uploaded onto the web by Higley.
Upon her death, Higley bequeathed a number of genealogical books to the Idaho Genealogical Society.
Higley was born Sybil Gibson to Alfred Willard Gibson and Marjorie (Hutchins) Gibson on December 31, 1938, in Sanford, Colorado. The third of five daughters; Higley's sisters are: Lavona, Jana Lou, Ruth, and Winona ("Winnie").
In 1957, Higley married Grant Dee Higley in Portland. Together, the couple had four children: Cynthia, Michael, Lori, and Timothy. Daughter Lori Higley White has written three genealogical books -- as well as contributing to Sybil's work. They remained married for 53 years until Sybil Higley's death on July 24, 2010; at the time, the Higleys were living in Fruitland, Idaho. Grant Higley died on July 11, 2013, from brain cancer.
- Higley, Sybil (2006). The Descendants of James Hutchins and Susannah Beavers. Search this book on
- Higley, Sybil Gibson (2000). The Descendants of James Turpin and Nancy Ann Tatum of Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia , and Utah. Fruitland, Idaho: S.G. Higley. Search this book on
- "Author Details". The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Books". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Life Legacy". Memorial Networks. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Higley, Sybil. "Malheur County Records". GeoCities. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Idaho Genealogical Society Quarterly: 27. 1973. Missing or empty
- "Sybil Gibson Higley". Argus Observer | Ontario, OR. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "In Memory of Grant Dee Higley". Dignity Memorial. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- White, Lori Higley (1995). Abstracts of Wills, Pasquotank County, North Carolina, 1752-1824. L.H. White. Search this book on
- White, Lori Higley (1995). Abstracts of divisions of estates, Perquimans, North Carolina, 1741-1804. Boise, Idaho: L.H. White. Search this book on
- White, Lori Higley (1995). Abstracts of deeds, Perquimans County, North Carolina, 1785-1791. Boise, Idaho: L.H. White. Search this book on
- "Sybil Higley". Idaho Press Tribune. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Hutchins, Jack Randolph (1992). Robert Hutchins of Colonial America: The Historical Hutchins Family Records. Gateway Press. p. 505. Search this book on
This article "Sybil Gibson Higley" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sybil Gibson Higley. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.