Tae Yun Kim
Tae Yun Kim was born in South Korea on February 2, 1946. In 1968, Kim came to the United States and in 1978, organized the first women's division in international TaeKwonDo competition at the Pre-World Games in Seoul, South Korea. Under Kim's coaching, the United States women's team went on to win one gold, four silver, and three bronze medals. 
Kim has been practicing different forms of martial arts for over 60 years.
Kim became the first Korean female to earn a black belt and Master rank and became the first female Grandmaster in the martial arts in over 5,000 years. Kim was inducted into the Taekwondo Hall of Fame in 2009 and received a Lifetime Achievement Award.
The martial art of Jung SuWon is a name of the martial art developed by Tae Yun Kim (which literally means "uniting body, mind, and spirit in total harmony") is said to be based on TangSooDo and TaeKwonDo. "The whole purpose of jung suwon is so you can incorporate it into your life," said Kim. Tae Yun Kim opened her own academy in 1985. Kim, referred to as "Great Grandmaster" by her students, is the founder of the Jung SuWon Martial Art Academy, the only place in the country which teaches the Korean martial art of Jung SuWon.
Honors and awards
In 2002, Kim was named a Woman of the Year honoree by the California Legislative Women's Caucus She received an honorary doctorate from Sook Myung Women’s University in South Korea in 2003. She was honored with the 2015 CEDAW Award for her entrepreneurship and contributions to those in need. She was also honored at a luncheon ceremony for her 2015 CEDAW Award for Entrepreneurship.
In November 2017, Tae Yun Kim was awarded with two Stevie Awards: the Gold Stevie Award for Women in Business for the “Best New Product of the Year—Business Products” category, and a Silver "Lifetime Achievement" award. 
Books and other work
Kim has authored self-help and self-improvement books which are published in over 15 languages. In addition to motivational/inspirational writing, she also has published books about the Jung SuWon discipline of martial arts.
- The First Element: Secrets to Maximizing Your Energy (February, 1998) ISBN 978-0965695909 Search this book on .
- The Silent Master: Awakening the Power Within (May 1, 1994) ISBN 978-1880032411 Search this book on .
- They Call Me Success (Korean)
- Golden Key of the CEO (Chinese version of They Call Me Success)
- Seven Steps to Inner Power (1st printing 1991, 2nd printing-September 30, 2011) ISBN 978-0931432705 Search this book on .
Kim is the CEO and Chairman of Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions, a manufacturer of particle measurement instruments and real-time contamination monitoring systems. She started the computer company after she saw an IBM commercial with Charlie Chaplin and a red rose.
Kim founded the TYK Foundation, a non-profit organization that offers support for families affected by child abuse.
- "High Heel Marketing Her Way Into Your Heart | The Santa Clara Weekly". The Santa Clara Weekly. 2017-08-02. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- "Tae Yun Kim 1/3 Asian American Wonder Women GoldSea". goldsea.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Helping you discover the ki to life. (Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim teaches how to harness the life force energy of ki) (Cover Story)". American Fitness. 1994-03-01.
- "Achievements & Accomplishments - Dr. Tae Yun Kim". Dr. Tae Yun Kim. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "SPORTS LEISURE; Kicking the Fear Out of Your Life". The New York Times. 1991-10-26. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Martial Arts Biography - Tae Yun Kim". www.usadojo.com. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "Pioneers Inducted at the Most Prestigious Ceremony in the History of Tae kwon do". www.lacancha.com. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "Jung SuWon". Jung SuWon. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Jung SuWon". Jung SuWon. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Woman of the Year Honorees - Assembly" (PDF). California Legislative Women's Caucus. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Woman of the Year | California Legislative Women's Caucus". womenscaucus.legislature.ca.gov. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- "Achievements". Tae Yun Kim homepage. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "FRIENDS of the Commission on the Status of Women - 2015 Awardees". www.friendscosw.org. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "Benefactor Dr. Tae Yun Kim Receives Prestigious Award - KWMF". KWMF. 2015-10-27. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Dr. Tae Yun Kim, Chairman & CEO, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions, Wins Gold & Silver Awards – 14th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "2017 Stevie Award Winners | Stevie Awards". stevieawards.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "Dr. Tae Yun Kim, Chairman & CEO, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions, Wins Gold & Silver Awards – 14th Annual Stevie® Awards for Women in Business". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Jung SuWon". Jung SuWon. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- About Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions
- "Dr. Tae Yun Kim - Silicon Valley Local Magazine". svlocalmag.com. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "The TYK Foundation". www.tykfoundation.org. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
This article "Tae Yun Kim" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tae Yun Kim. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.