Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School
|Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School|
2 Tai Po Tau Drive
|School type||Direct Subsidy Scheme|
(Strive for Excellence)
|Principal||Lawrence Cheong Ning Yu |
|Chaplain||King Yan Chow|
|Education system||Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority|
|Accreditation||Adventist Accrediting Association|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School ("TPSY" Chinese: 大埔三育中學) is a co-educational Christian secondary school, located in Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong. The school is owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The school was established and began teaching in 1956. In January 1960, the President of the South China Union Mission, EL Longway, reported that funds had been collected and were available for a new school to be built at Tai Po, at a projected cost of about HK$200,000. This was the first middle school ever to be established by any organization in the old market town of Tai Po. Tai Po was one of the first places where church evangelism was conducted in the early days, shortly after the pioneers established the Adventist church in Hong Kong. When the construction of the school began, the Tai Po church had grown to about 70 members.
In 2008, a female student from the school was murdered while reportedly undertaking compensated dating.
All classrooms are air-conditioned with Internet access and digital projectors. There is a 300-square-metre library, a Physical Fitness Centre, a hall, a science (MML) Laboratory, a design (MML) Room, a campus TV station, four science laboratories, two computer rooms, a geography room, a music room, a home economics room, an art room, a Multi-Media Learning Centre, a Youth Centre and an elevator.
Other articles of the topics Christianity AND Schools : Hong Kong Adventist Academy, Oakwood Adventist Academy, The King's School
Other articles of the topics Schools AND Hong Kong : Hong Kong Adventist Academy
Other articles of the topics Christianity AND Hong Kong : Hong Kong Adventist Academy
Other articles of the topic Christianity : Clifford Lacey, Cosendai Adventist University, Association of Croatian Orthodox Believers (civic association), History of Seventh-day Adventist freedom of religion in Canada, Samuel Dunbar, Old Believers, Mike Schmitz
Other articles of the topic Schools : School discipline, Hong Kong Adventist Academy, European International School Chennai, Hampton International Preschool, Develop Africa charity, Jennings International School, The King's School
Other articles of the topic Hong Kong : Hong Kong Adventist Academy
Other articles of the topic China : China–United States proxy conflict, I Am a Singer (season 3), East Turkistan Government in Exile, Ma, China, Chinese Imperial Dog, Hong Kong Adventist Academy
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- List of secondary schools in Hong Kong
- Education Bureau - School Profile
- Adventist Yearbook
- General Information. Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School. Retrieved 2009-07-24
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 March 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2016. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (1 April 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Longway, E. L. (January 1960). "Excerpts from the Officers Reports to the Division Biennial Council. Union Mission Presidents Report to Council 'Delegates: South China Island Union Mission" (PDF). Far Eastern Division Outlook. Singapore: Far Eastern Division of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. 46 (1): 9. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- Longway, E. L. (September 1959). "Steady Progress in the Hong Kong-Macao Mission" (PDF). Far Eastern Division Outlook. Singapore: Far Eastern Division of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. 45 (9): 11. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- Facilities. Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School. Retrieved 2009-07-24
This article "Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tai Po Sam Yuk Secondary School. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.