Take Me Downtown Tour
|Tour by Lady Antebellum|
Promotional poster for the tour
|Start date||January 10, 2014|
|End date||September 28, 2014|
|No. of shows||72 total|
|Lady Antebellum concert chronology|
Lady Antebellum's Take Me Downtown Tour was the third headlining tour by the American country music trio. The tour began on January 10, 2014, in Peoria, Illinois and ended on September 28, 2014, in Dominican Republic. The first leg of the tour was announced on July 2013  and the second leg was announced on August 27, 2013. The tour was in support of their fifth studio album, Golden.
Background[edit | edit source]
The first leg of the Take Me Downtown Tour was originally going to begin on November 8, 2013, but was postponed until January 10, 2014. Lady Antebellum's comment about the postponement was, "To accommodate the new release and in order give you guys the best show possible, we've had to move things around on our tour schedule." The first leg visited sixty cities. It was also announced on the Lady Antebellum site on January 17, 2014, that the tour would be extended to eighty dates. Those dates were added to the summer portion of the tour. On May 19, 2014, it was announced that the group would headline a show on the beach in Atlantic City, New Jersey on August 3 as part of free beach concerts.
Opening acts[edit | edit source]
- Kip Moore (winter dates)
- Kacey Musgraves (winter/spring dates)
- Billy Currington (select summer dates)
- Jana Kramer (select winter dates)
- Joe Nichols (select summer dates)
- David Nail (select dates)
- Alex & Sierra (Atlantic City
Setlist[edit | edit source]
The following setlist is representative of the shows on select dates. It is not representative of all shows for the duration of the tour.
Tour dates[edit | edit source]
- Festivals and other miscellaneous performances
- A This concert was a part of Country Jam USA.
- B This concert was a part of Nebraskaland Days.
- C This concert was a part of the Cavendish Beach Music Festival.
- D This concert was a part of Cheyenne Frontier Days.
- E This concert was a part of the California Mid State Fair.
- F This concert was a part of the Ohio State Fair.
- G This concert was a part of the Delaware State Fair.
- H This concert was a part of the Mississippi Valley Fair.
- I This concert was a part of the Watershed Festival.
- J This concert was a part of the Wisconsin State Fair.
- K This concert was a part of the Iowa State Fair.
- L This concert was a part of the Great Allentown Fair.
- M This Concert was a part of the York Fair.
- N This concert was a part of the Allegan County Fair.
- Cancelled tour dates
- Springfield, Missouri 
- Southaven, Mississippi
- Allegan, Michigan (due to the birth of Dave Haywood's baby)
- Rescheduled tour dates
Moved from March 27 at Chesapeake Energy Arena to June 27 at Downtown OKC Airpark.
Box office score data[edit | edit source]
|Venue||City||Tickets sold / available||Gross revenue|
|Brick Breedan Field House||Bozeman||8,109 / 8,109||$426,711|
|TD Garden||Boston||10,921 / 10,921||$673,922|
|Mohegan Sun Arena||Uncasville||7,044 / 7,044||$531,856|
|Target Center||Minneapolis||10,590 / 10,590||$490,744|
|Van Andel Arena||Grand Rapids||9,731 / 9,731||$392,479|
|Chaifetz Arena||St. Louis||7,000 / 7,500||$336,227|
|Patriot Center||Fairfax||6,973 / 6,973||$380,539|
|Bon Secours Wellness Arena||Greenville||8,320 / 8,320||$362,909|
|Allstate Arena||Rosemont||8,500 / 8,500||$431,269|
|Air Canada Centre||Toronto||9,090 / 9,090||$653,946|
|Budwesier Gardens||London||8,070 / 8,070||$559,036|
|Taco Bell Arena||Boise||6,602 / 6,602||$365,150|
|Reno Events Center||Reno||5,947 / 5,947||$506,207|
|Citizens Business Bank Arena||Ontario||8,285 / 8,285||$486,795|
|Save Mart Center||Fresno||10,102 / 10,102||$374,000|
|BOK Center||Tulsa||8,423 / 8,423||$400,413|
|Thompson–Boling Arena||Knoxville||8,121 / 8,121||$303,957|
|Atlantic City Beach||Atlantic City||65,000 / 65,000||N/A|
|DTE Energy Music Theatre||Clarkston||12,239 / 14,834||$409,968|
|Meadowbrook||Gilford||7,655 / 7,655||$456,006|
|Total||218,902 / 221,497 (98%)||$10,820,168|
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Dave Haywood: guitar, mandolin, piano, vocals
- Charles Kelley: vocals
- Hillary Scott: vocals
- Clint Chandler: mandolin
- Dennis Edwards: bass guitar
- Jason "Slim" Gambill: acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Jonathon Long: accordion, musical director, piano
- Chris Tyrrell: drums
- Brett "Scoop" Blanden: FOH Engineer
References[edit | edit source]
- Sciarretto, Amy. "Lady Antebellum Announce First Leg of 2013 Take Me Downtown Tour". Taste of Country. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Whitaker, Sterling. "Lady Antebellum Announce Second Leg of Take Me Downtown Tour". The Boot. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- "Attention All Lady A'ers". Lady Antebellum. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Beach Concerts". Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- References for setlists:
- For January 10: "Lady Antebellum Setlist at Peoria Civic Center Theatre, Peoria, IL, USA". setlist.fm. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- For January 12: "Lady Antebellum Setlist at Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke, VA, USA". setlist.fm. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- For January 30: "Lady Antebellum Setlist at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA". setlist.fm. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Take Me Downtown Tour" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Take Me Downtown Tour. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.