Tanaza is an Italian software company with headquarters in Milan, Italy. It develops software for Wi-Fi cloud management and relative services.
Corporate history and relevant membership
Tanaza was founded in 2010 by Sebastiano Bertani, Italian telecommunication engineer graduated at Politecnico di Milano and MIB Business School..
Over the years, Tanaza expanded its compatibility with the major WiFi access point manufactures (TPLink, Ubiquiti, OpenMesh, Netgear, Linksys, DLink, Xirrus) obtaining exposure on the Italian national press like "Il Sole 24 Ore" for the goal to create a compatible software for every Wi-Fi hardware system and to accelerate Wi-Fi democratization.
In 2019, is selected as a 2019 Red Herring Top 100 Europe Winner.
The company received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 873466.
Hardware and software disaggregation in the Wi-Fi market
Tanaza develops and works in order to reproduce the hardware and software disaggregation in the Wi-Fi market. The adoption of network function disaggregation principles enables network operators to select the preferred individual combination of hardware and software components while eliminating vendor lock-in and anti-competitive cost for sales or support practices. In the last years, the pervasive diffusion of access points and other network devices has increased, the cost of companies and individuals have to afford in order to manage, maintain and monitor the multitude of devices.
The company has developed a method and system for managing network devices of generic vendors. It consists of a method of remote management in a network having a plurality of nodes to be managed by a remote controller has an agent device that makes initial contact with the remote controller in order to establish a connection with the remote controller. After the connection is established, the remote controller executes a discovery procedure through the intermediation of the agent device for discovering the plurality of nodes. After executing the discovery procedure, the remote controller executes an identification procedure through the intermediation of the agent device for identifying the discovered nodes, including identification of at least one characterizing parameters such as model, vendor, manufacturer, software version, hardware version, firmware version, serial number, and MAC address. The remote controller manages the discovered and identified nodes through the intermediation of the agent device, by using managing procedures specific for the identified nodes.
Tanaza is part of the Telecom Infra Project (TIP)'s Wi-Fi Project since 2019, with the intent of ensuring hardware and software components are interoperable and to lower total cost of ownership (TCO) in Wi-Fi deployments.
Products and services
Tanaza's products and services focus upon several types of customers: MSPs, integrators, VARs, VADs, ISPs, WISPs, Carriers and VSAT providers, marketing agencies, users of any compatible hardware.
The software company provides products and services across multiple Wi-Fi and networking areas: cloud management (remote monitoring, wifi configuration, firmware, and technological architecture), Wi-Fi guest access (free social Wi-Fi, paid Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi advertising, dashboard for Wi-Fi Analytics) and operating system for cloud wifi management
Tanaza adopted the so-called "Hiro", designed by the product designer Andrea Alongi, in 2018. Alongi stated "The word “network” has been a key inspiration in the way we wish to visually communicate our brand. However, we found that design elements like lines and dots were not enough to shape our new brand idea. We wanted a memorable concept that could be easily recognized and understood. We wanted an impactful logo that could personify the meticulous manner with which we have developed our product and reflect the quality and reliability of our software".
During the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic outbreak, the CEO of Tanaza, Sebastiano Bertani has promoted a Facebook nonprofit fundraisers campaign in order to donate protection materials for doctors and nurses of Fondazione Oncologia Niguarda Onlus, the largest and one of the most important hospitals in Milan.
- "Sebastiano Bertani". Wi-Fi NOW Europe. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Cloud-Managed WiFi For The SMB". networkcomputing.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- rahul. "Network Diagnostics Tools Market Report To Observer Significant Development: Global Market Opportunities, Market Risk To 2026". Curious Desk. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Aziende che puntano sui giovani ci sono, anche in Italia". Wall Street Italia (in italiano). 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Yahsat and Tanaza Partner to Expand Public Wi-Fi Hotspots". Via Satellite. 2018-01-11. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Da Bruxelles la spinta al wi-fi "democratico"". Il Sole 24 ORE (in italiano). Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "TechCrunch ha detto stop: ecco le startup italiane selezionate per l'evento romano". Il Sole 24 ORE (in italiano). Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Tanaza makes its software free for charities and NGOs to push for Democratic WiFi globally". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "2019 Red Herring Top 100 Europe Winners". Red Herring. 2019-02-21. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Panettieri, Joe (2020-02-25). "5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 25 February 2020". ChannelE2E. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Tanaza Makes Facebook Wi-Fi / Facebook Check-in Available on Top of Any Vendor Device". PRWeb. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Accelerating infrastructure innovations and advancing global connectivity". Facebook Engineering. 2020-02-25. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "EIC Accelerator data hub". sme.easme-web.eu. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- "Le PMI digitali si organizzano e guardano all'Europa: nasce la Italian Digital SME Alliance". European Digital SME Alliance. 2019-07-04. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- "Nasce l'Italian Digital Sme Alliance. Assintel: "Le Pmi hanno fame di networking"". CorCom. 2019-07-09. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "DIGITAL SME ITALY - MEMBERSHIP". European Digital SME Alliance. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Tanaza. "Tanaza: Software and hardware disaggregation is finally happening in the WiFi market". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Tanaza: Software and hardware disaggregation is finally happening in the WiFi market". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- , "Method and system for uniform remote management of network devices", issued 2015-11-12
- , "Method and system for remote management of network devices", issued 2014-11-19
- "United States Patent Application: 0130016628". appft.uspto.gov. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Telecom Infra Project (TIP) launches grand new vision for open-source Wi-Fi architecture". Wi-Fi NOW Events. 2020-03-03. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Members". Telecom Infra Project. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "TIP Community Momentum Driven by New Operator Demand, Technology Solutions, and Industry Alliances". Telecom Infra Project. 2020-02-25. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- "Tanaza joins Telecom Infra Project's WiFi Project Group". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Tanaza, servizio cloud che dà i superpoteri al router Wi-Fi". Tom's Hardware (in italiano). Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- wirednot (2020-04-03). "Catching Up With Tanaza- a Different Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi Company". wirednot. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "ReteTel Italia - Internet ovunque". https://www.retetelitalia.it/ (in italiano). Retrieved 2020-04-10. External link in
- "Guest Wi-Fi Providers Market Incredible Possibilities, Growth Analysis And Forecast To 2026". Publicist 360. 2020-04-09. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Global Guest Wi-Fi Provider Services Market: What Are Market Experts Recommending? - Press Release - Digital Journal". www.digitaljournal.com. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Tanaza Unveils A Cloud-Based Operating System For WiFi Access Points - SuperbCrew". www.superbcrew.com. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- Tanaza. "Tanaza announces the launch of TanazaOS, the cloud-based Operating System for WiFi Access Points". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-04-10.
- Report, Market Study (2020-04-08). "Hybrid Cloud Management Platform Market Forecasts to 2025: Global Industry Growth, Share, Size, Trends and Segmentation Report". express-journal.com. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- "Tanaza presents its newest software releases at Web Summit". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- Alongi, Andrea (2019-05-07). "The new Logo for Tanaza". Medium. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
This article "Tanaza" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tanaza. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.