Tempt, Tease and Touch
|Tempt, Tease and Touch|
|Fragrance by Sugababes|
|Released||25 September 2010|
|Label||The Perfume Shop|
|Tagline||tempt, tease, touch...|
Search Tempt, Tease and Touch on Amazon.
Tempt, Tease and Touch are three fragrances created by English pop girl group the Sugababes. Each perfume and its design were created to represent the group's final line-up Amelle Berrabah, Heidi Range, and Jade Ewen and their music. The fragrances feature a variety of fruity and floral scents.
Released in September 2010, Tempt, Tease and Touch are available in black, pink, and silver or grey flacons respectively; the products were available exclusively at The Perfume Shop at the time of their release before being distributed to selected retailers later. They were sold in 4.3 fluid ounce bottles, with a retail price in the UK of £19.99, and also packaged with a 5.1 oz. container of shimmering body gel as part of a gift set. In 2010, they were featured on a list compiled by Glamour magazine of the most popular celebrity-endorsed perfumes.
Concept and creation
—Jade Ewen, talking about the development of the fragrances.
The Sugababes announced the launch of their own fragrances in August 2010. Amelle Berrabah said that the group was directly involved in the development of the perfumes. It was initially reported that the three individual scents would correspond to a specific member from the group, but the Sugababes later refuted that idea. Heidi Range specified that the perfumes were not made to represent any of members of the group, and that the three scents were intended for women to wear "for different occasions and for different times of the day". They were promoted as "feminine, sexy, uplifting and ideal for the modern young woman".
Scents and packaging
Each of three perfumes has an individual scent. The top notes of Tempt include a variety of fruity and floral chords, such as iced tea and purple orchid, and its base notes consist of musk and vanilla. It was promoted as being "in tune with the Sugababes vibe"; Ewen specified that its scent was "stronger and sexier than the other two" and more appropriate for evening wear. Tease's scent is identified as a "cocktail of zesty lemonade and juicy pear," including jasmine and magnolia, and its base notes are honey and sandalwood. It was marketed as representative of "the passionate tempo" of the group's music. Touch's scent is described as starting with "a blast of cranberry and lychee with the intensity of violet and rose"; the base notes consist of a patchouli and white musk chords. It was promoted as "an olfactory representation of Sugababes' pulsing beat".
The bottles for each of the perfumes are composed of two round parts: the body of the bottle and the ball cap. Tempt, Tease and Touch are packaged in black, pink, and grey bottles respectively. A writer for Cosmeticsbusiness.com attributed the Sugababes' decision to release three separate perfumes with Aspects Beauty Company founder Jill Hill's belief that an increasing investment in "collections of scents instead of one major product" would offer more value and be "a relatively safe bet for brands".
Release and promotion
In September 2010, Tempt, Tease and Touch were released exclusively in The Perfume Shop. The fragrances were released to selected retailers two weeks later. They were one of the first releases following The Perfume Shop's contract to open in-store branded perfume shops in Superdrug stores alongside Peter Andre's fragrances. Tempt, Tease and Touch were sold in 4.3 fluid ounce bottles at a reported retail price of £19.99, and gift sets that included the 4.3 oz. bottle along with a 5.1 oz. container of shimmering body gel.
The fragrances were promoted through "strong press mentions, television coverage and an extensive on line campaign accompanied in store point of sale material and retailer support. During the launch at Westfield London on September 25, Ewen and Berrabah signed copies of their scents. Range was absent from the launch after going to hospital and receiving several stitches in her jaw after a fall at her home. The Sugababes also marketed the fragrances through features in tabloid magazines. Each of the three members listed one of the fragrances as one of their favorite beauty products in an interview with Closer;[lower-alpha 1] Ewen and Berrabah said that they kept the perfumes in their bags when discussing their beauty secrets with New!.
To further promote the perfumes, Sugababes hosted several online giveaways of sets of the collection. Over the span of three weeks, the group held a contest over Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Contestants were instructed to share "your most tempting, tease and touching photo", with each week having a specific theme. The weeks' themes were the most tempting photo, the most teasing photo, and the most touching photo. The competition ran throughout the first half of November 2010. The prizes were a free bottle of one of the fragrances and the chance to have the winning photo featured on the group's official website.
Tempt, Tease and Touch received a mixed response since its release. A writer from Easy Lifestyle praised the scents, and found that they were as "feminine, sophisticated and sexy as the Babes themselves". The writer felt the design of the bottles made the fragrances "stylish must-have accessor[ies] enhancing any dressing table and come in black, pink and silver, reflecting the mood of the fragrance inside". In October 2010, Glamour magazine listed the perfumes as among the best/most popular "celebrity scents", calling the bottle designs "cute and curvy" and describing the smells as "sweet and fruity". A writer from Look highlighted Tempt as their favorite from the three due to its scent, and also praised the collection as a whole. A writer for the Daily Mirror, however, called the perfumes' release an act of "desperation" by a band fading in relevance.
- List of celebrity-branded fragrances
- The "Sugababes Fragrances" Facebook page is affiliated with the Sugababes, as noted by their official website.
- "OK! Magazine: First For Celebrity News :: Beauty :: Sugababes tempt, tease and touch with not one but three fragrances". OK! Magazine. October 6, 2010. Archived from the original on 8 October 2010.
- Copsey, Robert (25 August 2010). "Sugababes to launch fragrances – Music News – Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Unknown parameter
- Cole, Rob (21 September 2010). "Sweet Smell Of The Sugababes' New Scents". Sky News. Archived from the original on 4 February 2016.
- "Tease by Sugababes Eau de Toilette Spray 100ml". Archived from the original on 16 June 2018. Retrieved 25 February 2016. Unknown parameter
- NST Perfume (17 September 2010), Sugababes Tempt, Tease & Touch ~ new perfumes, archived from the original on 7 August 2016
- Brechbill 2010, p. 75.
- "Jade Ewen: The Newest Sugababe, 22, Tells Us About Her Best Beauty Products". Celebs. 10 October 2010. Archived from the original on 11 March 2018. Unknown parameter
- Sugababes Tempt, Tease & Touch by Sugababes, Ozmoz, 2010, archived from the original on 4 February 2016 Unknown parameter
- "Fragrance safety in numbers". Cosmetics Business. 28 October 2010. Archived from the original on 24 February 2016. Unknown parameter
- "Sugababes Tease, Tempt and Touch with new scents". The Huffington Post. 22 September 2010. Archived from the original on 25 August 2016.
- "The Perfume Shop opens shop-in-shop concept in Superdrug". www.cosmeticsbusiness.com. Archived from the original on 7 August 2016.
- "Sugababes Tease Eau de Toilette 3.4oz (100ml) Spray". Archived from the original on 7 August 2016.
- "Sugababes Tease (Pink) Eau de Toilette 100ml". Fragrance Direct. Archived from the original on 3 January 2011.
- "Sugababes Tempt Gift Set 3.4oz (100ml) EDT + 5.1oz (150ml) Shimmering Body Gel". Archived from the original on 7 August 2016.
- "Brands". Ikon Perfume Ltd. 5 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016.
- "Sugababes Launch Debut Trio of Scents". Getty Images. Archived from the original on 9 October 2016. Unknown parameter
- Piper, Dean (25 September 2010). "Heidi Range takes a tumble – but the Sugababes carry on as a twosome for perfume launch…." deanpiper.com. Archived from the original on 9 October 2016. Unknown parameter
- "The Perfume Shop". Facebook. 13 September 2010. Archived from the original on 11 March 2018. Unknown parameter
- "The Sugababes' beauty faves". Closer. 16 October 2010. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016.
- "What's New //". Sugababes.com. Archived from the original on 31 January 2011.
- "Jande and Amelle's beauty bag". New!. 6 December 2010. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016.
- "Tempt, Tease, and Touch: Smell Like A Sugababe! (Giveaway)". MuuMuse. Archived from the original on 4 May 2016.
- "Sugababes foto Comp!". Facebook. 29 October 2010. Archived from the original on 11 March 2018. Unknown parameter
- "Sugababes launch first fragrance collection". Easy Lifestyle. 21 September 2010. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016. Unknown parameter
- "Best Celebrity Scents". Glamour. 4 October 2010. Archived from the original on 8 August 2016.
- "Christina & Friends: Celeb Fragrance Round-Up". 'Look. 6 December 2010. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016.
- "Oh look, the Sugababes have bottled the smell of desperation". Daily Mirror. Archived from the original on 7 August 2016.
- Brechbill, Glen O. (2010). Fragrance's & Their Stories Volume III. Fragrances Books Inc. Search this book on
Others articles of the Topic Business and economics : Swiss sovereign money referendum, 2018, R. Vasudevan (entrepreneur), Record producer, St. Gallen MBA-HSG, Dogecoin, Criticism of debt, Currency
Others articles of the Topic Fashion : Fashion, Lord & Taylor, Walveey, ETXEONDO, Lana Austin, Mango (Saturday Night Live), Melody Woodin
This article "Tempt, Tease and Touch" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tempt, Tease and Touch. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.