|Born||July 15, 1992|
|Died||January 6, 2014 (aged 21)|
|Wins by KO||0|
Tesshin Okada (岡田 哲慎 Okada Tesshin, July 15, 1992 – January 6, 2014) was a Japanese professional boxer. He died from a brain injury sustained in a technical knockout (TKO) loss during his professional debut.
Okada made his ill-fated professional debut on December 20, 2013, in a scheduled four-round bout against fellow Japanese debutant Masafumi Kamiyama, at the Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan. Okada lost via fourth-round TKO after 22 seconds into the round. Following his defeat, Okada collapsed and was rushed to hospital. After being diagnosed with an acute subdural hematoma, Okada underwent a craniotomy, but never regained consciousness. He died on January 6, 2013, at the age of 21. His opponent never competed again.
Professional boxing record
|Professional record summary|
|1 fight||0 wins||1 loss|
|1||Loss||0–1||Masafumi Kamiyama||TKO||4 (4)||Jan 6, 2013||Korakuen Hall, Tokyo, Japan||Okada collapsed after fight and died 17 days later from brain injury|
- "Boxing record for Tesshin Okada". BoxRec.
- "Masafumi Kamiyama vs. Tesshin Okada - BoxRec". boxrec.com. Retrieved February 24, 2020. Unknown parameter
- Nathanielsz, Ronnie. "Boxer Dies in Japan After Being Knocked Out in Pro Debut". BoxingScene.com. Retrieved February 24, 2020. Unknown parameter
- "Japanese boxer Tesshin Okada dies after knockout in debut fight". Abc.net.au. 2014-01-07. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "BoxRec: Masafumi Kamiyama". boxrec.com. Retrieved February 24, 2020. Unknown parameter
|This biographical article relating to Japanese athletics is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Tesshin Okada" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tesshin Okada. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.