|Headquarters||Navi Mumbai, India|
Testbook is an Indian educational technology company, headquartered in Navi Mumbai. It enables students to prepare for recruitment exams in government and banking like SSC, Bank Clerk, Bank SO, Bank PO, Insurance, Railway RRB, Defense exams etc.
History[edit | edit source]
Testbook was founded in 2014 by a group of IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay alumni, Ashutosh Kumar, Narendra Agrawal, Praveen Agrawal and Manoj Munna. In 2014, the company started its first guidance to the students preparing for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination.
Funding[edit | edit source]
Testbook has received a series of fundings from a number of investors. In October 2014, The company raised a seed funding of $2,50,000 from Shankar Narayanan, Utsav Somani, LetsVenture and Ah! Ventures. After this, in March 2016, Testbook received an undisclosed amount of Series A funding from India's oldest and largest publishing and education services enterprise, S. Chand Group. Later, in March 2017, Testbook has raised an undisclosed amount from Matrix Partners.
Awards and recognition[edit | edit source]
- 2016: Recognised as ‘Best Start-up to work for in 2016’ by SiliconIndia Magazine
- 2017: Recognized as a top-5 rising start-up in 2017 by Tech In Asia
- 2017: Supported the women empowerment campaign carried out by the Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar. This Testbook campaign was called ‘Betiya Banegi Memsahab’ where Testbook covered half the expenses for daughters of Bihar who aspire to prepare for the government/bank exams.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Education AND India : Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University, Loknayak Jai Prakash Institute Of Technology, Aryabhatta Knowledge University
Others articles of the Topic Education : List of Toronto District School Board elementary schools, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University, Pattie W. Van Hook, Tip of the day, Aryabhatta Knowledge University, School, BookFi
Others articles of the Topic India : India men's junior national softball team, Qatar Airways Flight 962, Yogesh Dattatraya Gosavi, LimeRoad, RedSeer Management Consulting, Border Roads Engineering Services, Abdullah Azam Khan
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- "Edtech start-up Testbook receives helping hand from S Chand Group". India Today. 1 March 2016.
- "Testbook raises funding from S Chand and Company". The Economic Times. 29 February 2016.
- R, Vignesh (3 April 2017). "Edtech startup Testbook raises funding from Matrix Partners". The Economic Times.
- Gore, Dipti (7 March 2016). "ah! Ventures Portfolio Company Testbook Raises Undisclosed Funding From S Chand & Co". TechStory.
- Abudheen, Sainul K (3 November 2014). "Test prep site Testbook raises under $250K from LetsVenture, ah! Ventures, others". VCCircle.
- Mascarenhas, Anuradha (9 October 2015). "Now, a mobile app to help you prepare for your dream job". indianexpress.
- Sinha, Nishant (19 September 2016). "IIT-ians gift smart class to tap skills". The Telegraph.
- "GATE 2014: IIT graduates to help you with free mock tests". Dainik Bhaskar. 29 January 2014.
- "Get GATE-ready". The Hindu. 24 February 2014.
- "IIT alumni website to help Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering aspirants". India Today. 27 January 2014.
- Agarwal, Meha (3 June 2015). "The Indian Online Test Preparation Industry Sees a New Wave of Startups". Inc24.
- "Best Startups To Work For - 2016". siliconindia. May 2016.
- Velayanikal, Malavika (4 April 2017). "5 rising startups in India – April 4, 2017". TechInAsia.
- "'BETIYA BANENGI MEMSAHAB' campaign initiative". The Morning Chronicle. 11 December 2017.
External Links[edit | edit source]
Category:Internet companies of India Category:2014 establishments in India Category:Educational technology companies Category:Education companies of India Category:Companies based in Mumbai Category:Online tutoring Category:Educational websites Category:Online education Category:E-learning
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Testbook" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Testbook. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.