The Billion Brick Race
|The Billion Brick Race|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Search The Billion Brick Race on Amazon.
The Billion Brick Race is an upcoming 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Universal Animation Studios and distributed by Universal Pictures. It will be written and directed by Jason Segel and Drew Pearce and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The film will be the third spin-off installment of The Lego Movie film series.
In March 2015, Warner Bros. announced that a third Lego Movie spin-off, titled The Billion Brick Race was in development. Jason Segel and Drew Pearce were signed on to co-direct and write the film. On August 2, 2017, it was announced that Jorge R. Gutierrez had signed on as director, with Pearce stepping down. At that time, the film was scheduled to be released on May 24, 2019. But on February 8, 2018, it was announced that Gutierrez had left the project. On July 16, 2018, the film's plot was announced by Pearce who confirmed it would be a LEGO racing movie inspired by pre-existing racing films including The Cannonball Run. In December 2019, concept art of the film's main characters was revealed by the film's initial director Jorge R. Gutierrez, along with the confirmation that the project was cancelled. With the poor box office results of the previous two Lego films along with the film's lengthy conceptual phase being the primary reasons. In April 2020, a deal with Universal was set for a limited 5 year film deal, with Warner Bros. still owning the previous films.
- Siegel, Tatiana; Kit, Borys (March 25, 2015). "New 'Lego' Spinoff Movie in the Works From Jason Segel, 'Iron Man 3' Writer (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Eldridge Industries. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- "Film Releases". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (April 21, 2015). "Warner Bros. Resets Release Dates for Next Three 'LEGO' Features". Animation World Network. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- "LEGO Spinoff Billion Brick Race Finds New Director". Screen Rant. Valnet, Inc. 2 August 2017. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- McLean, Tom (February 8, 2018). "Jorge Gutierrez Departs as Director of 'LEGO Movie' Spinoff". Animation World Network. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- "LEGO Movie Spinoff Billion Brick Race Inspired by Cannonball Run". Screen Rant. Valnet, Inc. 16 July 2018. Retrieved September 25, 2019.
- 10 More Movies Already Cancelled In 2019 (And Why)
- Mike Fleming Jr (23 April 2020). "Universal, Lego Group Construct Five-Year Exclusive Film Partnership To Create New Movie Franchises". Deadline. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
This article "The Billion Brick Race" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Billion Brick Race. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.