The Gateway (2018 film)
The Gateway, also known as Alpha Gateway, is a 2018 Australian science fiction film directed by John V. Soto. The film stars Jacqueline McKenzie as a particle physicist who finds a way to access parallel universes while grieving over the loss of her husband.
Jane Chandler is a particle physicist who's struggling to complete a teleporting machine, while enjoying a happy family life with her husband, Matt, and their two children. Matt dies in a trafic accident; soon after, Jane discovers that her teleporting machine prototype is actually sending objects to a parallel universe. She travels to a parallel reality and there finds another version of her husband, bringing him back to her own world. Soon, though, she learns that the person she has brought is not exactly like the husband she had lost.
- Jacqueline McKenzie as Jane Chandler
- Myles Pollard as Matt Chandler
- Hayley McElhinney as Ruth
- Shannon Berry as Samantha Chandler
- Ben Mortley as Regg
- Ryan Panizza as Jake Chandler
Critical reception for The Gateway has been mixed; the film currently holds a rating of 63% on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 8 reviews.. Harry Windsor wrote, "A nifty premise — a grieving widow brings a parallel-world version of her husband back to her own, with disastrous consequences — isn't enough to transcend a torpid screenplay"
- Best Feature Film at the Austin Revolution Film Festival (2017, won)
- Best Director Feature at the Austin Revolution Film Festival (2017, won)
- Best F/X Feature at the Austin Revolution Film Festival (2017, won)
- Best In Show - Feature at the Austin Revolution Film Festival (2017, won)
- Best Actress at FilmQuest (2017, nominated)
- Best Actor at FilmQuest (2017, nominated)
- Best Screenplay at FilmQuest (2017, nominated)
- Many-minds interpretation
- Many-worlds interpretation
This article "The Gateway (2018 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Gateway (2018 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.