The Pizza Boy
|The Pizza Boy|
|File:The Pizza Boy poster.jpg|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Brad Jacobowitz|
|Produced by||Brad Jacobowitz|
|Written by||Brad Jacobowitz|
|Music by||Dayvin Sterling|
|Edited by||Joshua Julian|
Search The Pizza Boy on Amazon.
The Pizza Boy is a 2013 American dark comedy film written, directed and produced by Brad Jacobowitz. The film stars Brad Jacobowitz, Sophocles Athanason, Ernest Jacobowitz, Dayvin Sterling and Marlene Jacobowitz. The Pizza Boy is of note for having an extremely low budget of $500 and was Jacobowitz's first film project. The Pizza Boy is the lowest budget feature film ever to premiere in Midtown Manhattan.
Brad (Brad Jacobowitz) is a 30-year-old pizza delivery driver and former up and coming pro wrestler, who lives with his parents in the suburbs of Orlando, Florida. Living in the Angriest City in America, Brad becomes increasingly disgruntled like many young American men who are underemployed or unemployed. His best friend Ike (Sophocles Athanason) is the only person who can sympathize with his plight. They waste their days sipping coffee and discussing their problems with the world. Brad's dad (Ernest Jacobowitz) constantly harps on him to do chores around the house and reminds him of all his past failures. His mother (Marlene Jacobowitz) feels sorry for Brad and feels he has so many problems he cannot survive in the real world. She makes excuses for Brad why he has to live with them. Brad's manager (Derrick Andrews) at the pizza place tries to motivate Brad to live up to his potential but his advice falls on deaf ears. Brad's inner demons torment him as he seems to have come to an understanding of his place in world. After realizing there is no escape to the endless torment of unfulfilled expectations and wasted talent; he decides to take his frustrations out on anyone and everyone in his path.
- Brad Jacobowitz as Brad, a pizza delivery driver and former up and coming pro wrestler.
- Sophocles Athanson as Ike, Brad's best friend; a paranoid survivalist who also lives with his mom.
- Ernest Jacobowitz as Brad's Dad, a retired NYC police officer who wants to finally throw Brad out of his house.
- Dayvin Sterling as Desiree, an aggressive prostitute who scams Brad out of money.
- Marlene Jacobowitz as Brad's Mom, an enabling mother who patronizes Brad.
- Derrick Andrews as Pizza manager, a good hearted guy who tries to motivate Brad to live up to his potential.
- Brian Mills as the carjacker, a low down individual who makes his living by robbing pizza delivery drivers.
The Pizza Boy received some positive reviews. Film critic, Richard Propes wrote "The Pizza Boy is a film that kept me WANTING to watch for its entire 76 minute running time." Andrew Benjamin of The Queens Chronicle said "The Pizza Boy is a great first effort from its writer, director and star, Brad Jacobowitz."
- Contributor, Andrew Benjamin, Chronicle. "Elmhurst resident directs first film". Queens Chronicle.
- Desk, BWW News. "Indie Film The Pizza Boy Released on DVD". BroadwayWorld.com.
- "The Independent Critic - "The Pizza Boy" an Intriguing Low-Budget Indie". theindependentcritic.com.
This article "The Pizza Boy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Pizza Boy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.