The Simpsons Movie 2
|The Simpsons Movie 2|
|Based on||The Simpsons|
by Matt Groening
|Distributed by||20th Century Studios|
Search The Simpsons Movie 2 on Amazon.
The Simpsons Movie 2 is an upcoming American animated comedy film based on the popular long-running Fox animated television series The Simpsons (1989-present). It will be the sequel to 2007's The Simpsons Movie.
- Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson
- Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson
- Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson
- Yeardley Smith as Maggie and Lisa Simpson
In 2014, James L. Brooks stated that 20th Century Fox had approached him and requested a second film based on The Simpsons. He added that there were no immediate plans, stating, "We've been asked to [develop it], but we haven't. We're doing a lot of other stuff."
In December 2014, just prior to the broadcast of the episode "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner", series writer Al Jean wrote on Twitter that the episode (which had been produced in 2012 and was originally set to air in 2013) had been held back by himself and Brooks because it was being considered for adaptation into a sequel film as the episode was "cinematic". Jean later expanded that there was the fear of the potential film being considered "not canonical" with the TV series and the potential backlash of overcoming it by using a "memory wipe".
In July 2017, during the 10th anniversary of The Simpsons Movie, Jean and David Silverman said that a sequel film was in the early stages of development and stressed the toll production of the first picture took on the entire staff. On August 10, 2018, it was reported that a sequel is in development.
- Tim Appelo (June 10, 2014). "James L. Brooks Talks 'Simpsons' Sequel, New Film Projects (Exclusive Video)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Al Jean on Twitter". Twitter.
- Snierson, Dan (January 14, 2015). "This idea could have been the next 'Simpsons' movie". Entertainment Weekly's EW.com.
- "Weird Simpsons episode was almost weird Simpsons movie". avclub.com.
- Snierson, Dan (July 27, 2017). "The Simpsons Movie: 10 stories on the 10th anniversary". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- Burwick, Kevin (August 10, 2018). "The Simpsons Movie 2 Reportedly in Development at Fox". movieweb.com. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- Reilly, Nick (July 22, 2019). "Matt Groening confirms 'The Simpsons Movie' sequel". NME. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
This article "The Simpsons Movie 2" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Simpsons Movie 2. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.