Ron's Gone Wrong
|Ron's Gone Wrong|
|Directed by||Jean-Philippe Vine|
|Written by||Peter Baynham|
|Edited by||David Burrows |
|Distributed by||20th Century Studios|
Search Ron's Gone Wrong on Amazon.
Ron's Gone Wrong is an upcoming computer-animated science fiction film directed by Jean-Philippe Vine, co-directed by Octavio Rodriguez (both in their directorial debuts), and written by Peter Baynham and Sarah Smith. The debut film from Locksmith Animation, the film is scheduled for release on April 23, 2021 by 20th Century Studios.
Set in a near future where walking, speaking, digitally connected B-bots became kids' friends, Ron's Gone Wrong tells the story of Barney who finds that Ron never quite works.
- Jack Dylan Grazer as Barney
- Thomas Barbusca as Jayden
- Bentley Kalu as a cop
- Ava Morse as Ava
- Audrey Hsieh as Harper
Locksmith Animation had signed a deal with Paramount Pictures for its slate until a change in executives and focus, thus Paramount released Locksmith from its deal. Locksmith took its three projects far in development to 20th Century Fox in a long term multiple film agreement with one film approved for production. On October 12, 2017, it was announced that the first film to be released by Locksmith Animation will be Ron's Gone Wrong, which was originally slated for release in November 2020 by 20th Century Fox. Alessandro Carloni and Jean-Phillipe Vine would serve the movie's co-directors, while Peter Baynham and Locksmith co-founder Sarah Smith would write the screenplay. Double Negative was on board as a digital production partner. Baynham and Elisabeth Murdoch were named executive producers on the same day. On October 30, 20th Century Fox Animation was assigned to work with Locksmith. On May 13, 2020, Octavio Rodriguez replaced Carloni as co-director.
On October 12, 2017, the film was scheduled for release on November 6, 2020. In November 2019, the film was pushed back to February 26, 2021. On May 13, 2020, the film was pushed back again to April 23, 2021, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ritman, Alex (October 12, 2017). "Fox, Locksmith Animation Unveil 'Ron's Gone Wrong'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 17, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (May 13, 2020). "Disney Reschedules 'The New Mutants' & 'Ron's Gone Wrong'". Deadline. Retrieved May 14, 2020.
- N'Duka, Amanda (October 12, 2017). "20th Century Fox & Locksmith Animation Slate 'Ron's Gone Wrong' As First Project". Deadline. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- Lang, Brent (September 20, 2017). "Fox, Locksmith Animation Ink Multi-Year Production, Development Deal (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety Magazine. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- Kilday, Gregg (October 30, 2017). "Fox Animation Names Andrea Miloro, Robert Baird Co-Presidents". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
This article "Ron's Gone Wrong" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ron's Gone Wrong. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.