Albany, New York
|🏡 Residence||Washington, DC|
|🎓 Alma mater||State University of New York|
|🏛️ Political party||Democratic|
Beth Jordan Mynett (m. 2012–2019)
|👶 Children||1 (William)|
Tim Mynett (born 1981) is an American political consultant.
Early life and career
Mynett was born in Albany and attended the State University of New York. After college he moved to Washington, DC, where he found work as a fundraiser for progressive politicians and liberal causes.
The E Street Group
After founding his own consulting group, Mynett shuttered the company to join the E Street Group, where he is a partner. E Street is a progressive branding company founded by veteran Democratic strategist William Hailer with offices in Washington and Arizona. Representative Ilhan Omar's campaign paid the E Street Group more than $220,000 between August 2018 and June 2019.
In 2012 Mynett married Beth Jordan, the medical director of the District of Columbia Department of Corrections. The two had a son together in 2006.
Ilhan Omar relationship
The Mynetts' divorce filings allege that Tim's affair with Omar was the reason for the family's dissolution. These allegations sparked an ongoing Federal Election Commission investigation into whether the E Street Group's payments from Omar's campaign were legal..
- "Complaint Filed With FEC: Ilhan Omar Used Campaign Funds For Affair With Married Consultant". August 28, 2019.
- "Ilhan Omar under scrutiny: First marriage, then fidelity, now a federal campaign complaint. And a State Fair death threat". August 29, 2019.
- Fang, Marina (August 28, 2019). "D.C. Official Files For Divorce, Alleges Her Husband Had Affair With Ilhan Omar". HuffPost.
- "A DC Woman Is Divorcing Her Husband After She Said He Left Her For Rep. Ilhan Omar". BuzzFeed News.
- "Wife of D.C. political consultant alleges husband had affair with Omar, files for divorce". NBC News.
- "Ilhan Omar Issues Denial On Allegations She Had An Affair With Married DC Political Consultant". BET.com.
- "Rep. Ilhan Omar denies affair claim in D.C. doctor's divorce filing". Star Tribune.
- "Ilhan Omar dismisses 'stupid questions' about alleged affair, use of campaign funds". FOX 9 Minneapolis-St. Paul. August 28, 2019.
- "Rep. Ilhan Omar at center of Washington political consultant's divorce". www.msn.com.
- Connolly, Griffin; Connolly, Griffin (August 29, 2019). "Rep. Ilhan Omar gets death threat amid ongoing tangle with conservatives" – via www.rollcall.com.
- Aug 28th 2019 - 10am, Tim Nelson / Minnesota Public Radio |. "Divorce filing claims woman's husband left her for Ilhan Omar". Duluth News Tribune.
- "Ilhan Omar had a secret affair with my husband 'for a year,' wife claims as she sues to divorce radical Democrat's $250,000 aide - but Congresswoman says she is STILL married to her husband". www.msn.com.
- Schultz, Marisa (August 29, 2019). "Why the FEC can't probe Ilhan Omar's campaign finances anytime soon".
- O'Reilly, Andrew (August 27, 2019). "DC consultant's alleged affair with Ilhan Omar is front and center in divorce papers". Fox News.
- "FEC Complaint Filed Against Omar After Affair Accusation". WDIO. August 28, 2019.
- "Ilhan Omar under scrutiny: Her marriage, her campaign finances, a death threat". August 29, 2019.
- "Complaint alleges campaign finance violation by Rep. Ilhan Omar". Star Tribune.
- Hayes, Christal. "Group files FEC complaint against Ilhan Omar as she denies latest accusation about her personal life". USA TODAY.
- Re, Gregg (August 28, 2019). "Omar hit with FEC complaint, accused of paying alleged paramour's travel expenses with campaign funds". Fox News.
- "Rep. Ilhan Omar dodges questions about alleged affair". KARE.
This article "Tim Mynett" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tim Mynett. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.