Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration
Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration
|Districts||parts of Tiruppur District|
|• Urban||88.87 km2 (34.31 sq mi)|
|• Metro||102.13 km2 (39.43 sq mi)|
|• Urban Agglomeration||962,982|
|Time zone||UTC+5.30 (IST)|
Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration is an Urban Agglomeration covered by the city of Tiruppur and its suburbs in the Indian state of Tamilnadu. It is the sixth largest urban agglomeration in the state after Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem and Tiruchirappalli. Under the jurisdiction of Tiruppur Local Administration Authority , it covers an area of 201 km2 (78 sq mi) and has a population of around 9.6 lakhs.
It is spread over an area of 200 km2 (77 sq mi) and has a population of 9.6 lakhs.
The below table list the urban areas of Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration :
|Municipalities||S.Nallur , Velampalayam|
|Town Panchayat||Avinashi, Thirumuruganpoondi, Samalapuram|
|Census Towns||Chettipalayam, Thottipalayam, Andipalayam, Mangalam, Veerapandi, Nerriperichal, Murugupalayam, Karaipudur|
The below table lists the Taluks of Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration :
|Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration Areas|
|Tiruppur||Tiruppur, Avinashi (partial), Palladam (partial)|
The Regional Transport offices in the Tiruppur metropolitan area are TN-39 (Tiruppur North), TN-42 (Tiruppur Central).
Tiruppur is also known as the knitwear capital of India, accounting for 90% of India's cotton knitwear export. It has spurred up the textile industry in India for the past three decades. It contributes to a huge amount of foreign exchange in India. In the fiscal year 2013, exports were ₹ 17,500 crores. The city provides employment for many workers, with the average salary per worker being around ₹ 9,000 per month.
There are over 10,000 garment manufacturing industries in Tiruppur, employing over 600,000 people. The cluster on an average exports textiles worth ₹ 25 billion a month. Cotton knitwear sent from here are in much demand in European countries.
Special industrial parks have been developed to support the textile industry. Nethaji Apparel Park, Thirupur Export Knitwear Industrial Complex, SIDCO Industrial Estate and J.S.Apparel Park are a few that are operational.
Apart from knitwear production units, Tiruppur is famous for the production of brass, copper, and aluminium utensils for kitchen and hotel needs. Anupparpalayam locality in Tiruppur has been involved in this business. Manufactured products are supplied throughout Tamil Nadu and the nearby states of Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry, Karnataka and Kerala.
Coimbatore Suburban Railway
The Coimbatore Suburban Railway has proposed a route between Coimbatore and Tiruppur via Irugur and Peelamedu railway stations.
Other articles of the topic India : Neetu Kapoor, Kissht, Losliya Mariyanesan, V. Raghavan, Tamil language, Radisson Blu City Centre, B. Gopalakrishnan
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Chennai metropolitan area
- Coimbatore metropolitan area
- Madurai metropolitan area
- Salem metropolitan area
- Tiruchirappalli metropolitan area
- "Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration Administration". Tiruppur. 1 August 2021. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Chennai 4th in urban agglomerations".
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Censusindia. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011. Unknown parameter
- "India Census 2011" (PDF). April 2017.
- "Registration Series Allotted to Regional Transport Offices" (PDF). Government of Tamil Nadu, State Transport Authority. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 September 2012. Unknown parameter
- "Brief Industrial Profile of Tiruppur district" (PDF). DCMSME. Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Industries, Government of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Textile hub Tiruppur back on resurgence path". The Economic Times. 22 November 2014. Archived from the original on 30 December 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Tamil Nadu: Rising coronavirus cases worry Tiruppur's garment cluster". The New Indian Express. 15 April 2020. Retrieved 19 May 2020.
- "Nethaji Apparel Park". Tamil Nadu Government Website. Tamil Nadu Government. Archived from the original on 23 May 2015. Retrieved 3 May 2015. Unknown parameter
- "Poultry in Palladam". The Hindu. 28 May 2021.
- [hhttps://www.newindianexpress.com/states/tamil-nadu/2021/mar/28/avinashi-its-a-fight-between-speakerdhanapal-and-field-workeradhiyaman-2282658.html "Avinashi agriculture"]. The Hindu. 28 March 2021.
- "coimbatore circular railway". The Hindu. 24 December 2015.
This article "Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tiruppur Urban Agglomeration. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.