The Trump Republican Party is a party designation used by a few 2020 candidates in the Washington state primary of August 4, 2020. These include gubernatorial candidates Goodspaceguy, Anton Sakharov, and Leon Anon Lawson as well as 8th congressional district candidate Dave Saulibio. Other gubernatorial candidates such as Tim Eyman described themselves more traditionally as simply affiliated with the Republican Party. Anton Sakharov, one of the gubernatorial candidates identifying himself as a Trump Republican, is a program manager from Maple Valley who has raised $22,000, including $4,200 of his own money. By contrast, another gubernatorial candidate called himself a Pre-2016 Republican. As Donald Trump did not carry Washington in 2016, some observers questioned which strategy might prove more effective. Candidates for office in Washington may choose any party name up to sixteen characters in length, and it does not necessarily need to be an established party.
- "Who has filed - King County". King County. 15 May 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- Brunner, Jim; O'Sullivan, Joseph (15 May 2020). "In filing deadline surprise, controversial state Rep. Matt Shea won't seek reelection". Seattle Times. Retrieved 18 May 2020. Unknown parameter
- Camden, Jim (24 May 2020). "With three dozen running in primary, Washington governor's race sets statewide record". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 13 June 2020. Unknown parameter
- "Top 2 Primary: FAQs for Voters". Secretary of State of Washington. 15 May 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- Top 2 Primary: FAQs for Voters at the Washington Secretary of State
- Who has filed - King County at King County Elections
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Trump Republican" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Trump Republican. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.