|Developer(s)||Charles B. Cossé|
0.7.3 / 18 August 2010
|License||GNU General Public License|
Search TuxMathScrabble on Amazon.
TuxMathScrabble is a math version of the classic word game Scrabble (Trademark of Hasbro) which challenges kids to construct compound equations and to consider multiple abstract possibilities. TuxMathScrabble was originally developed for Linux, but much effort was subsequently put into making the game platform-independent (Linux, Mac, Windows). The game can be played by 0, 1 or 2 players, where zero corresponds to "demo" mode. The game was built with opensource software and is released under the Gnu Public License (GPL). The first version of TuxMathScrabble was released in 2001 and periodic maintenance releases are ongoing. TuxMathScrabble has a "sister" application known as TuxWordSmith which is similar to Scrabble and supports over 80 languages including Greek and Russian.
- Optional GUI Admin Configuration Panel (uses WxPython)
- Animated Tux (The Linux Mascott) character
- Animated tiles come to life upon correct submission
- Screensaver/Demo mode
- Platform independent design (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS)
- Optional fireworks display at startup
- High score table
- 0 (demo),1 and 2 player modes
TuxMathScrabble is included in numerous Linux distributions, including the Edubuntu flavor of Ubuntu, Gentoo Linux, SUSE Linux and several education software collections.
- "Games". Schoolforge.net. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "Tux Math Scrabble". freshmeat.net. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "HP preinstalls Linux on SMB desktop". Desktoplinux.com. 2008-12-10. Archived from the original on 2010-12-14. Retrieved 2010-11-11. Unknown parameter
- "c't-Software-Kollektion: Lernen und Verstehen. heise online-Kiosk - c't-Archiv, 13/2005, Seite 132". Heise.de. 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "TuxMathScrabble 0.7.0". FlossEd.org. Archived from the original on 2010-11-23. Retrieved 2010-11-11. Unknown parameter
- "tuxmathscrabble-0.5.8-2mdv2010.0.noarch RPM". Rpmfind.net. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "TuxMathScrabble - Download - CHIP Online". Chip.de. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "Games that empower". Superuser. 2006-11-30. Archived from the original on 2006-08-14. Retrieved 2010-11-11. Unknown parameter
- "Tech Support Favourites". Tsf.net.au. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- "OSWINS - Mathematics". Os.cqu.edu.au. Archived from the original on 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2010-11-11. Unknown parameter
- D & B Mann. "Education Software 2". Aussieeducator.org.au. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
This article "TuxMathScrabble" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:TuxMathScrabble. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.