Guys from Andromeda, LLC
|The Guys From Andromeda logo, with the Two Guys|
|Industry||Software & Programming|
|Founded 📆||April 2012|
|Founder 👔||Scott Murphy, Mark Crowe, and Chris Pope|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Eugene, Oregon/Alabama/Atlanta (virtual offices)|
Area served 🗺️
|Scott Murphy, co-founder and writer/programmer; Mark Crowe, co-founder and artist, Chris Pope, co-founder, producer and public relations|
Number of employees
Two Guys from Andromeda is an American video game developer private company consisting of Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, creators of the Space Quest series. After a falling-out ended their working relationship, they reunited in April 2012 and, along with co-founder Chris Pope, formed Guys From Andromeda, LLC. Their proposed first release is tentatively titled SpaceVenture and is expected to be an adventure game set in space – a spiritual successor to the Space Quest series.
Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe both started working for Sierra Entertainment in the 1980s. They worked on separate projects before teaming up and working on their first project together: The Black Cauldron.
After Black Cauldron was finished the "Two Guys" wanted to work on an idea of their own, a science fiction story starring a janitor named Roger Wilco. After proving their idea could be fun, by creating a four-room demo, Ken Williams let them finish the game. That short demo became the beginning of Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter. Space Quest I was the first game that Murphy and Crowe used their pseudonym, "Two Guys from Andromeda".
The first four games in the series were designed by both Crowe and Murphy. After Space Quest IV in 1991, the team split up. Later games in the series were made, but Space Quest V was designed solely by Mark Crowe, and Space Quest 6 was designed by Josh Mandel, with later work on the project done by Murphy.
In April 2012, Crowe and Murphy announced the reformation of the team under the new moniker of "Guys From Andromeda".
Following the success of the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter project (as well as other successful adventure game crowd-funding), the company decided to use Kickstarter  to raise funding for the game. As of June 2012, they had exceeded their amount requested, $500,000, receiving $539,767.
Co-founder of the company Chris Pope (dubbed as "Space Pope" by fans) works to operate its marketing and interact directly with fans. They also have commitments from voice actors Rob Paulsen, Robert Clotworthy, Ellen McLain, and John Patrick Lowrie to participate in their new game. (Gary Owens was also originally committed, but died in 2015, before his part was recorded) On January 17, 2013, the team announced former Sierra composer Ken Allen was joining their team to compose the music.
In regards to the team's reformation, and their approach to game development in a new decade, the two said
We aren't straying from what has been a successful formula. We're back to make more while also incorporating what we've learned from you via comments made from the days of snail-mail and moving to email and social media. It's been interesting to learn what you've found fun, funny and/or annoying, and what games you've favored. Clearly, not everyone has well rated taste but we can work around that.
The Two Guys From Andromeda Space Adventure, better known as SpaceVenture, was announced on Kickstarter on May 8, 2012, and is described as a spiritual successor to Space Quest. It was successfully funded on June 12, 2012, with an initial estimated delivery of February 2013. However, after a series of personal and family hardships within the team, SpaceVenture was delayed multiple times.
Finally in April 2018, the team said they were "on the road for finishing this game up". Later in August 2018, they posted several updates that included the cast of SpaceVenture, and completed voice recordings that week.
- Rob Paulsen
- Maurice Lamarche
- Robert Clotworthy
- Ellen McLain
- John Patrick Lowrie
- Jason Charles Miller
- Melanie Stone
- Jake Stormoen
- Vince Caso
- Ed Kelly
Gary Owens, who had provided the narration for Space Quest IV and Space Quest 6, was initially announced as the narrator for SpaceVenture, but he passed away on February 12, 2015, before he had recorded his dialogue, so it was announced that a replacement would be found. Additional voices will be provided by Murphy, Crowe, and Pope.
The team hoped to release the game during the " holiday season", pending alpha and beta testing. However, this fell through.
Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of the Poultroid
The Two Guys released Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of the Poultroid on Steam on November 9, 2015, after it was successfully greenlit by the Steam community. A tie-in to Space Venture, the game is described as a parody of Five Nights at Freddy's. The Two Guys stressed upon its announcement that 100% of the game's proceeds would go to the development and completion of Space Venture.
- John Walker (April 16, 2012). "Two Guys From Andromeda Reform To Make Space Quest". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "Space Quest Creators Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy Launch Guys From Andromeda Game Studio" (PDF) (Press release). 2012. Retrieved Feb 18, 2016.
- Mike Rose (April 16, 2012). "News - Original Space Quest creators form new adventure game studio". Gamasutra. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Yin, Wesley (April 16, 2012). "Space Quest creators making new sci-fi adventure • News •". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- Launched: May. 08, 2012 (May 8, 2012). "Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest by Two Guys From Andromeda — Kickstarter". Kickstarter.com. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- JC Fletcher (May 9, 2012). "Two Guys from Andromeda Kickstart their 'SpaceVenture'". Joystiq. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Mackay, Bob (June 19, 2012). "Your Adventure Game Kickstarter Roundup from 1UP.com". 1up.com. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- Adam Rosenberg (May 9, 2012). "Space Quest Creators Turn To Kickstarter For SpaceVenture". G4tv.com. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "Update 101: February 2015 SpaceVenture Update: Gary Owens, Clucky Bird, Scrapyard, Cranepit update and more! · Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest".
- Chris Pope (January 17, 2013). "It's a SpaceVenture update bonanza!". Two Guys from Andromeda. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- "The goings on in SpaceVenture camp". Two Guys from Andromeda. April 9, 2018. Retrieved April 20, 2018.
- "Update 117: Things are moving forward quickly! · Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest".
- "Update 118: The VO of SpaceVenture - Part 1 · Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest".
- "February 2015 SpaceVenture Update: Gary Owens, Clucky Bird, Scrapyard, Cranepit update and more!". Two Guys from Andromeda. February 23, 2015. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- "Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of The Poultroid - Steam Greenlight". Oct 20, 2015. Retrieved Feb 18, 2016.
- Chris Pope (Nov 20, 2015). "Cluck Yegger Steam Keys Are Issued!". Two Guys from Andromeda. Retrieved Feb 18, 2015.
- The History of Space Quest, included with the Space Quest Collection Series.
- Official website
- Kickstarter project
- Official Online Newspaper "The Andromedan Post"
- Official Podcast
- Twitter Page
- Facebook Page
Template:Space Quest series Template:Sierra Adventure Games
This article "Two Guys from Andromeda" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Two Guys from Andromeda. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.